Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CircleD 2E 4000 Custom Stall

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2020, 08:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cals400ex
I had a yank PT 3800 with 2.0 STR. It may be similar to one of the circle-d "E" convertors, I'm not really sure. I was pulling 1.68 60-ft times in a full weight 2000 z28 with 3.42 gears. It seemed a little soft off of the line, and it seemed to pull pretty good when the car got going. However, I have never compared it to any other converter, thus, I have no back-to-back data to make any fair comparisons.
how bad is the take off from a dead stop?
Old 06-12-2020, 09:01 AM
FormerVendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by PRNDL
i just had a converter build with an 086 stator. I never installed it because everyone is telling me that the low STR will make the converter suck. I figured everyone loves the soft hit low STR 2E, so I wanted to compare.
We use the "E" stator option now only when requested. We have had much better general success with the 086 style unit. The softer hit of the E stator is nice though for the bracket racing guys, or traction limited situations so you don't blow the tires off.
Old 06-12-2020, 10:30 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Circle-D
We use the "E" stator option now only when requested. We have had much better general success with the 086 style unit. The softer hit of the E stator is nice though for the bracket racing guys, or traction limited situations so you don't blow the tires off.
Thank you for your response. Do you thInk the 086 stator will make the car feel slow from a stop? No one is clear what they mean by “slow or sluggish”. Slow in general like I will feel that I wasted All my money of my crate engine, transmission, suspension, gears and so on...or slow compared ONLY to a hard hit stator with all things being equal, but the car will still be fast in general. I guess thats where I'm confused.
Old 06-12-2020, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PRNDL
how bad is the take off from a dead stop?

I replied to your PM with a much more lengthy response than I'm typing here. But, the stall that I had (PT3800) was much much stronger than the stock stall. I dropped exactly 8 tenths in the 1/4 mile when I swapped from 1 3/4" LT's with catted y-pipe to 1 7/8" LT's with an ORY and from the stock stall to the yank PT3800 (I did both of these mods at the same time). It's worth noting, both setups were tuned as well. I'm not anticipating that you'll drop 8 tenths on a stock car. As I mentioned in the PM, I already had full bolt on's, TSP 5.3L heads and a 224 cam.
Old 06-12-2020, 06:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Circle-D

What is the difference between your 1E, 2E, and 2C converters? I have been told that your 2C may be a good option bc it will hit good from a dig or from a roll, will flash to 3400-3500, and will minimize RPM drop on a shift. Finally, do you generally see much of a benefit on these LS1 cars when you lock a triple disk converter in third gear?
Old 06-12-2020, 07:23 PM
Staging Lane

Default Thank you

Thank you Cals400ex and the infamous
Circle-D for youR time.

Quick Reply: CircleD 2E 4000 Custom Stall