Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 03:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alot of guys like the PTC convertor ,,look up Dusty Bradford on turbobuick.com
Old 07-05-2013, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Yep, Ive talked to Dusty about it already. He is waiting for me to make my mind up.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Called Lonnie at EA today and a stage II 2004R is going to get started for me tomorrow. I am also going to go with one of his 9.5" lockup converters. He is pretty pushy on using one of his converters and builds them strong enough to hold up to a MACK TRUCK ( his words ) because the last thing he wants is a converter to come apart and ruin one of his trans units.
I did a mountain of research before going with EA, but the biggest reason was other 2004R builder saying " Im building these units like Lonnies stage II". Well if you are going to buy one, might as well get the one others are trying to copy, right.
I will give a review when its up and running. Thanks to all for the advice while I figured it out.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:16 PM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by newschool72
Called Lonnie at EA today and a stage II 2004R is going to get started for me tomorrow. I am also going to go with one of his 9.5" lockup converters. He is pretty pushy on using one of his converters and builds them strong enough to hold up to a MACK TRUCK ( his words ) because the last thing he wants is a converter to come apart and ruin one of his trans units.
I did a mountain of research before going with EA, but the biggest reason was other 2004R builder saying " Im building these units like Lonnies stage II". Well if you are going to buy one, might as well get the one others are trying to copy, right.
I will give a review when its up and running. Thanks to all for the advice while I figured it out.

It's hard to beat Lonnie on the 200-4R builds. He has a dyno now as well, which I feel is an important aspect of any business like ours/his to be able to dyno the trans before you ship it.
Is his Stage 2 built with the billet fwd drum?

I quit building them for a while due to poor quality parts for them but now that there are other options, we started building them again, a year or so ago.
While I was not building them I referred everybody that called to Lonnie, and I don't do that for just any trans company.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yes ,the stage 2 has the billet forward drum. I think it will work out well for my power level. He rates the trans at 750 hp and Im not much north of 500Hp , so it should be able to stand up to almost anything I can throw at it as long as I keep it cool.
We had talked about the stage 1, but because it just has a hardened forward drum he didn't feel comfortable selling it to me because the heat treating process is inconsistent. If I had drawn the lucky straw with the stage 1, I would have been fine, like SpeedTigger did with his stage 1( he is running low 10s in a 3700lbs car). My luck isn't that good, so I did the trans with the billet forward. It has a hardened input shaft, some roller stuff, billet rings, EA servo ( suppose to be the largest in the industry) and a lot of other stuff I don't know anything about, LOL.
Thanks for the input Jake !

Quick Reply: 2004R issues!