Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L80E transmission controllers for us carbed guys??

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 07:26 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 4L80E transmission controllers for us carbed guys??

i installed a 4L80E in my 90' 454SS truck last year and i wired in a Jakes Performance manual control box at the time. ive finaly came to a point that im tired of manually shifting it and would like to buy a trans controller kit for it. ive read alot of reviews and looked at all the brands out there but id like to hear first hand from sumone that uses a controller to get a feel for what works best and how easy are the controllers to work with..... thanks for any input or help with this

Jamie
Old 01-18-2014, 10:24 PM
zgp
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blackstallionstang
i installed a 4L80E in my 90' 454SS truck last year and i wired in a Jakes Performance manual control box at the time. ive finaly came to a point that im tired of manually shifting it and would like to buy a trans controller kit for it. ive read alot of reviews and looked at all the brands out there but id like to hear first hand from sumone that uses a controller to get a feel for what works best and how easy are the controllers to work with..... thanks for any input or help with this

Jamie
Powertrain controls solutions are one of the best. They are the supplier to GM Performance.

http://www.powertraincontrolsolutions.com/
Old 01-18-2014, 11:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Love my optishift
Old 01-19-2014, 06:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 240 Likes on 167 Posts

I am using my 3rd Compushift controller, diff cars, lol, and even though its a little more pricy, its the only one I use
some of the others you have to add on stuff that comes with the CS, so the cost gets higher, like wiring harness, TPS, etc
I love the display features, saves me another $350 for a speedometer adapter (older cars) and is super adjustable-it has a man/auto mod, where some of the others don't have a real man mod
I mount the display on the dash, easy to read
I looked over all the others, mainly to save money, some will work great to just get in and drive, but for me this one works
weigh the costs, features, see what works for you-you realize the best one is what someone is using or selling, lol

Quick Reply: 4L80E transmission controllers for us carbed guys??