Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what is everyone using for flexplate on TH350 to bolt up on 5.3,LS1

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 01:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation what is everyone using for flexplate on TH350 to bolt up on 5.3,LS1

Ok so I been doing my research and have seen these few set ups.

1. Stock dish flexplate with buying stock gm spacer and longer bolts. While also grinding down a tad bit of the bolt holes to align with converter bolts.

2. Stock 6.0 flexplate 02+ I believe comes with stock spacer already just buy longer bolts a nd that's it. Most have the markings z270 on it.

3. Summit sales a Advance Adapter flexplate for the old style converter to bolt to new ls. Has a pilot bearing spacer and bolts and that's all u need I believe.

4. Circle d has a conversion flexplate also just 10 more dollars then the summit one and it's sfi approved but I called and they said you still need to buy there spacer or I forgot what it's actually called for $40 more dollars.

Now my other question is if u are going the cheap rout and doing the stock gm flexplate how much power and actual use and abuse are u putting on it. I'm looking for something that is not really expensive but I know I'm safe to say throw 600hp without demolishing.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ad

l believe JW in Fla sells a crank adapter. l have one one my race car.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:06 PM

Received 424 Likes on 323 Posts

At stock power, #1 should be fine.
At your 600HP I would suggest buying whatever Chris at Circle-D recommends. His prices are very competitive, he has done this 100+ times and he gives impeccable daily support on this forum.

Quick Reply: what is everyone using for flexplate on TH350 to bolt up on 5.3,LS1