Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e Rebuild kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 06:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4l80e Rebuild kit

Guys, I picked up a 4l80e out of the scrap yard the other day and am wanting to rebuild it before I spend a grand on a TC for it. I ordered a rebuild manual and have been doing a ton of research. I am wanting to know if somebody can recommend me a good complete kit that will come with all of the parts that I would need.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:03 PM
On The Tree

I also plan to install this in a turbo 6.0 and want to make around 750 HP.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jake's stage 2 kit comes with everything to do a full complete rebuild
Old 08-05-2014, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Transtec Master kit is a lot cheaper than Jakes kit. Ask Jakes to specify what clutches they use because when I called and asked all they said was "high energy clutches" and couldn't name exactly what brand clutches they used. (i.e Borg, Raybestos, Exedy, Alto)
Old 08-05-2014, 10:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by SwampWS6
Transtec Master kit is a lot cheaper than Jakes kit. Ask Jakes to specify what clutches they use because when I called and asked all they said was "high energy clutches" and couldn't name exactly what brand clutches they used. (i.e Borg, Raybestos, Exedy, Alto)
We use Borg Warner High Energy clutches. Our Stage 2 kit contains way more parts than a "master kit". Multiple upgrades, solenoids, bands, bushings, and most importantly some tips and tricks for the build and to save the cost of any valve body kit. I also would guess that transtec (which is a wholesale supplier) doesn't give any tech support.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jake's Performance
We use Borg Warner High Energy clutches. Our Stage 2 kit contains way more parts than a "master kit". Multiple upgrades, solenoids, bands, bushings, and most importantly some tips and tricks for the build and to save the cost of any valve body kit. I also would guess that transtec (which is a wholesale supplier) doesn't give any tech support.
Thanks. I was hoping you guys would chime in. I figured they would be borgs or Alto reds. So the only difference in your kits is the solenoids and tips, tricks and tech support? Seems worth it I guess. Those were kinda the answer I was trying to get when I called in last week. Got a LS1Tech price on the kit?
Old 08-06-2014, 11:23 AM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

There is a listing of all the parts in the kit on the website. Its the same set of parts that we use to build our Stage 2 builds.

It has clutches, steels, OH gaskets and seals, all 3 of the sprags (over $100 alone), internal wiring harness, pressure switch, solenoids ( again over $100 in parts), complete bushing kit. Complete thrust washer kit, rollerized forward hub, rear torrington kit to rollerize the output, boost valve and pressure regulator spring, as well as other parts. The tech info included will save you hundreds in rework.

We don't use Alto red material in anything.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

There is a listing of all the parts in the kit on the website. Its the same set of parts that we use to build our Stage 2 builds.

It has clutches, steels, OH gaskets and seals, all 3 of the sprags (over $100 alone), internal wiring harness, pressure switch, solenoids ( again over $100 in parts), complete bushing kit. Complete thrust washer kit, rollerized forward hub, rear torrington kit to rollerize the output, boost valve and pressure regulator spring, as well as other parts. The tech info included will save you hundreds in rework.

Wow thats great. I might just opt to buy your kit which is waaaay cheaper than buying from Transtar and A & Reds . I will be emailing you shortly
Old 08-06-2014, 05:46 PM
Launching!

I used a Jake's kit in my TH-400 and their help/tech support was awesome!
Old 08-06-2014, 07:37 PM
On The Tree

Thats what I wanted to know. I have checked out your website many times and will be in touch with you in the near future.

Quick Reply: 4l80e Rebuild kit