Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car sort of lurching forward?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 09:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car sort of lurching forward?

Car is a 2000 trans am with 4l60e I don't know the best way to explain this but if anyone can make sense of this or has any ideas feel free to voice them.

Today I was sitting at a stop light n I felt the car kinda jump forward just a tad with my foot still on brake, I honestly thought someone bumped into me. Later I was pulling out of a parking lot and something similar happened I let off the brake this time and it felt kinda weird n I gave it just the tiniest amount of gas n there was sort of a click or pop n the car kinda hopped forward/ jerked. So of course I let off the throttle n then the car was just fine n I could accelerate and it gave no issues the rest of the way home.

That second time almost felt like a new person driving stick shift if that helps at all.

I couldn't replicate it again I stopped multiple times n went forward with just a little gas or a lot and nothing out of the ordinary, am I just paranoid or does it sound like something that commonly goes bad is going bad?
Old 04-15-2015, 08:23 AM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

It could the lockup clutch in the converter is engaging a bit. If true, this could be due to something like a leaking TCC solenoid in the trans (trivial to replace) or warped friction in the converter.
It may get worse to the point that the car stalls when you come to a stop. So far it doesn't sound like an internal trans problem.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, so if the problem persists how do I check the solenoid? Is it something I can visually tell or just replace it and see if that fixes the issue? I have a friend with a lift n I just looked up some google images to see where it is, doesn't seem like too much of a daunting task.

Quick Reply: car sort of lurching forward?