Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TruCool or B&M Transmission coolers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 02:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TruCool or B&M Transmission coolers?

I recently called a transmission shop to find out how much a good transmission cooler was along with the labor costs. They suggested that I should go with the TruCool (28,000 GVW?). I am also thinking about purchasing the B&M Tranny cooler (24,000 GVW) as well. I just wonder if any of you have had experience using TruCool and whether it performs better than B&M?

I will be having the Transgo shift kit installed at the same time too, and I plan to install a TC later in the future.
Old 06-03-2004, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

TruCool is top of the line for tranny coolers
Old 06-04-2004, 05:03 PM
On The Tree

Both use a "stacked plate" construction which flows and cools better than the traditional 'tube and fins' design.
TruCool traditionally makes great engine oil coolers but it's hard to knock B&M's reputation. 24-25K is a good size unless you live in Alaska!
Our trannys run to the cool side, 165° to 180° under normal conditions. I don't live where it gets over 100° during the summer and I do not go to the strip or autoX so I don't have an aux. cooler.
I change the tranny fluid every 25k miles and the fluid looks and smells new and there is very little 'film' in the pan.
Old 06-04-2004, 05:52 PM
Banned

I just picked up a B&M 28,000 race cooler. If you look close, you will see that Long is actually the manufacturer. Long is a very reputable company and is a supplier to many professional racing series.

In any case, the stacked plate design is definately more durable that the traditional. The oil cooler on the front of the Porsche I crew for is definate proof of that.

Quick Reply: TruCool or B&M Transmission coolers?