Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stall converters

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 05:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stall converters

Got a killer deal on a b&m 70434 for my 4l80e. 3500 stall. I didn't realize that its a non lockup. How's daily driving without a lockup? Probably ****? I also tow occasionally and I doubt its any good for that? I don't know **** about this sort of thing. I'll probably end up getting rid of it and having a custom one made if this isn't gonna work very good for what I want.
​​​
Old 02-08-2017, 07:58 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

Moved to auto trans section.

Also, the 4L80E is a lockup capable transmission. I would think if the converter is built for it, it is also lockup capable?
Old 02-08-2017, 08:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by JakeFusion
Moved to auto trans section.

Also, the 4L80E is a lockup capable transmission. I would think if the converter is built for it, it is also lockup capable?
They do have non lock up converters but think it requires some changes to the trans so it's not a simple swap.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MY_2K_Z
They do have non lock up converters but think it requires some changes to the trans so it's not a simple swap.

B&m says this one doesn't have lockup. They don't list anything for information on their site. They sent me an email saying it doesn't though. I only paid $400 for it and I have 30 days to return it. So I figure if I can't sell it for a profit in the next two weeks I'll.just return it. I do think it's a direct swap.. Keyword think. One of those things where I need one and thought I was getting a great deal so I bought it with out thinking to much. I wanted to go with edge racing to begin with so I guess that's who I'll be going through.
Old 02-09-2017, 12:17 AM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Yes, just return it. You want to run a lock-up converter on a tranny designed for one.

Quick Reply: Stall converters