Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help: LSA 8 bolt crank to 4l80e

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 02:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help: LSA 8 bolt crank to 4l80e

Like the title says guys, i need some input on my options to mate a LSA with an 8-bolt crank flange to a 4l80e. I have done countless hours of research and have even called TCI and Circle D for their input as well. it seems that i have found 3 separate ways to do this.

1. Purchase TCI flexplate #399758 and utilize whatever 4l80e torque converter i like. though on TCI website it clearly states a custom TCI torque converter is required.

2. purchase the torque converter from the GM connect and cruise LSA 4l85e kit for 850$ and run my existing flexplate ( stock ZL1 ) gmpn # 12686325. i have found some that run this piece who have purchased the GM connect and cruise LSA4l85e package and found that this is a remanufactured piece.

3. or finally purchase a custom circle D converter for 900$

i initially choose not to purchase the entire connect and cruise package all together since i can get a 4l80e of better quality for the same price that GM wants for a stock 4l85e. though i am confused on what i should do to get a 4l80e mated to my LSA crate engine.

Thanks for the help.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:35 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

Where did you get that TCI number? I couldn't pull it up to view on my end.

Are you wanting to just use the stock 4L80E converter and that is why you're looking for a flex plate?

I'm assuming you're making some kind of decent power to warrant needing the 4L80 so a quality billet converter to go with it should be needed anyways.

Just to give some info if you went with our SRLS4 series 4L80E converter, it would come with the LS(11.062"), 4L80E/Large GM(11 1/2"), and small GM (10 3/4") bolt circles so fitment to your flex plate would NOT be a problem and Summit/Jegs has them on sale right now for $850
info@ftiperformance.com
FTIPerformance.com
FTI Converter build sheet

Old 07-10-2017, 02:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry for the late reply, had to leave the country shortly after creating this thread.

i guess i am just confused and looking for a solution to put a 4l80e behind my LSA which has an 8 bolt crankshaft. I currently have a stock ZL1 flexplate behind the engine now. DO i need a new flexplate? can i just have a custom converter made?
The three options i listed above were basically

1. buy TCI flexplate 399756, and use a stock style 80e converter
2. buy the GM connect and cruise converter, they claim does not require an adapter ( made for an 8 bolt crank and 80e combo
3. purchase a custom converter that allows me to use the stock zl1 flexplate and connect to 80e.

FTI, the crate engine LSA from GM is rated at 580 flywheel HP.
thanks for replying.

Quick Reply: Help: LSA 8 bolt crank to 4l80e