Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e B&M Pro Ratchet issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 12:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 4l80e B&M Pro Ratchet issues

Hey guys so I just put an extreme automatics reverse manual valve body in my 4l80e. I also have a B&M Pro Ratchet, I got everything adjusted to where the cable slides in and out of each gear perfectly except park. When I push the shifter up into park the shifter goes but the lever at the tranny/park pal in the tranny do not click into park. So something is throwing me off. I know park in a 4l80 is a very long throw compared to going in between gears.

Has anyone experienced this and found a solution? Is there possibly another pin in the shifter I can pull so that the shifter slides further forward when going into park? Even if I have to Ratchet twice to get it in and out of park that's no big deal. Thanks for any advice.
Old 07-03-2017, 06:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 241 Likes on 168 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

A couple things-I am guess you pulled the pin that converts it from 3 sp to 4 sp, right.
Also on the shifter body where the cable conns. to the body, make sure the bracket on the cable is attached right-it can go inside/outside the shifter body, I forget which is correct, maybe outside.
Also you have to be in the correct hole in the trans lever.
I think I read on The Yellow Bullet that someone had problems, found out that they made a couple diff shafts for the 80E's, they clocked in diff angles, and they switched one and made a shifter work.
OK, I am out of ideas, maybe I was lucky, but used a couple of the B & Ms and they worked good-I did have to trim one a little in the shifter where it wasn't aligned perfect.
Old 07-03-2017, 06:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by forcd ind
A couple things-I am guess you pulled the pin that converts it from 3 sp to 4 sp, right.
Also on the shifter body where the cable conns. to the body, make sure the bracket on the cable is attached right-it can go inside/outside the shifter body, I forget which is correct, maybe outside.
Also you have to be in the correct hole in the trans lever.
I think I read on The Yellow Bullet that someone had problems, found out that they made a couple diff shafts for the 80E's, they clocked in diff angles, and they switched one and made a shifter work.
OK, I am out of ideas, maybe I was lucky, but used a couple of the B & Ms and they worked good-I did have to trim one a little in the shifter where it wasn't aligned perfect.
I can definitely check a few of those things. I've been using the shifter with this 80 for a long time it just wasn't totally perfect before but still worked. Now it pretty much needs to be spot on with it being a manual valve body otherwise I'll just have issues.
Old 07-04-2017, 06:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Forced ind is right. Make sure the cable is on the right side of where it bolts to the actual shifter. I went through the same thing, th400... but same issue.

Quick Reply: 4l80e B&M Pro Ratchet issues