Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1-2 shifts very delayed

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 08:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1-2 shifts very delayed

Alright so the car in question is a 1995 z28. About a month ago I took the car in to a local shop to have the fuel injectors replaced. After about a week I noticed unless at WOT the car feels like it shifts late going from 1-2 and 2-3. Transmission fluid is still pink and does not have a burnt smell. 88k on the car. As a side note after replacing the injectors they did flash the computer back to factory as they stated the previous owner may have tuned it for larger injectors before we replaced to OEM.

So two questions. First is concerning the shifting points. I searched around and some people had mentioned adjusting the TV cable. But after further review it seems the 95 LT1 does not have a TV cable? If so what is the cable next to the throttle cable?
Old 11-17-2017, 05:01 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

A 1995 Z28 uses a 4L60E trans and does not have a TV cable.
I suspect your car may have previously been tuned to reduce/eliminate torque management; restoring the OEM tune would make the trans shift slower.

Assuming this is the stock trans and never been rebuilt, you should take steps to preserve it (unless you really want to pay for a rebuild). One such step is to keep the torque management enabled. This current thread has good info on the subject:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...-hp-track.html
Old 11-17-2017, 06:21 PM
Teching In

So its natural when applying low throttle (such as in a parking lot) for the shifts to feel very delayed? Im just note 100% sure what all was done to this car by the previous owner. Lastly if I decide to change the transmission fluid, what happens if its mixed since I do not know the history of the fluid in? Such as brands or synthetic/non synthetic.
Old 11-18-2017, 05:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I know with my compushift controller it will up shift with light throttle.
You have to get into it pretty good to stretch it out or I can dial up the delay of it too.

Quick Reply: 1-2 shifts very delayed