Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration after Trans Rebuilt.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 09:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

There are a lot of variables to consider if you decide to go with a higher stall speed. A high or low rear end ratio is one of the variables.

So I would do a lot of research before biting the bullet spending considerably more for an after market converter than an OEM replacement.

PU the phone and talk to the vendors also. They will spec the stall based on your car, engine, and driving habits. Driveability is paramount in the selection. Dave at Yank for example will speak to you or thru email. Might not be the same day - but he will get back with you.

Or if you have spoken to RPM - get advice from them. They won't steer you wrong as long as you are very clear what you expectations are.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...converter.html

Your stock converter stall is probably 1600 -1800 rpm compared to some low stall aftermarket converters that start around 2800 to 3400 and go much higher. A higher stall will for sure make a difference when you want to get from point a to point b from takeoff. And the tire companies will like you much more too since you will be buying new tires more often

Ride with somebody that has a car and engine mods comparable to yours but with a higher stall - not a Mustang or a Gen V Camaro. The weight of the car is a variable and makes a difference.

Budget for a tranny cooler too if you don't already have one and plan to go back to lengthy burnouts.

Good luck - hope you get the vibration issue resolved.

Last edited by dlandsvZ28; 03-19-2018 at 09:56 AM.
Old 08-24-2019, 10:56 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Did you ever find out what it is? I’m fighting a similar issue. Have a built tranny and very similar vibrations. Park and neutral as well. Have a fti 3200 and pulled that out to stick a stock one in and see if that fixed it. Nope. Only thing I can think of is flexplate.

Quick Reply: Vibration after Trans Rebuilt.