Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Other Parts?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 12:50 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

That looks like a very good and comprehensive rebuild kit for your needs. Lots of members here have been very happy with their kits from TruTech and help from owner Jeff.
Old 03-25-2018, 02:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mrvedit
That looks like a very good and comprehensive rebuild kit for your needs. Lots of members here have been very happy with their kits from TruTech and help from owner Jeff.
Good, now I just need to find a good torque converter that won't break the bank. Revmax won't sell me a stock converter no longer, I have a Great stall from them but it looks like now that they are a Big company they don't have time for a small neighborhood guy like me.
Old 03-25-2018, 02:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 345 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1121
Good, now I just need to find a good torque converter that won't break the bank. Revmax won't sell me a stock converter no longer, I have a Great stall from them but it looks like now that they are a Big company they don't have time for a small neighborhood guy like me.
Go with the trail blazer converter suggested in post #12
Old 03-26-2018, 07:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 98CayenneT/A
Go with the trail blazer converter suggested in post #12
ahhh OK sorry I missed that. I was looking for a converter called the Trailblazer not a converter for a Trailblazer.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:52 AM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ahhh OK sorry I missed that. I was looking for a converter called the Trailblazer not a converter for a Trailblazer.
No you're actually looking for a converter for a 6 cylinder trailblazer. It's a common stock higher stall converter that bolts right in to an LS engine application.
Not a trailblazer ss either, those have stock stall speeds.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:43 PM
TECH Addict

As he suggests, spend the $120 for a set of solenoids and internal harness; your are 20 years old and almost guaranteed to fail soon and/or already be flaky.

OK Almost there, bear with me a little longer. My builder is going to pick me out a torque converter to suit my needs.

So is there a particular brand of rebuild kit I should buy for the Corvette Servo? and I am assuming I should purchase GM solenoids and internal harness?
I bought the Trutech Kit I mentioned in my previous post.
I just want to Thank ALL of you for your assistance.
Old 03-28-2018, 05:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 504 Likes on 388 Posts

I was on the phone for over 30 minutes yesterday with Jeff at TruTech discussing an issue that I am having. He even steered me to cheaper parts. Jeff is a stand up guy. I will shop there 1st from now on.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,218 Likes on 782 Posts

OK Almost there, bear with me a little longer. My builder is going to pick me out a torque converter to suit my needs.

So is there a particular brand of rebuild kit I should buy for the Corvette Servo? and I am assuming I should purchase GM solenoids and internal harness?
I bought the Trutech Kit I mentioned in my previous post.
I just want to Thank ALL of you for your assistance.
I buy all of my stuff through a trans supply house because I have my shop charge account there. The last corvette servo i bought was less than 10 bucks. It's a brand new casting identical to OEM. It won't have the OEM casting numbers on it, but it's exactly the same.

The electronics are all either BWD or ACDelco when they arrive. Solenoids, both the shift noids and the pwm noids, pressure switch, epc, harness/plug. It's all there.

As far as the trutech kit it looks good. I can't see from the description which thickness friction/steel comes with the GPZ setup for the 3/4's. If it has .060/.065 clutches, I would spend the 30 bucks and just buy different BW high energy clutches) if they're .080 then they're just fine to use

I usually like either of these setup for the 7 clutch 3/4's depending on which pressure plate you have:

If you have the .157 pressure plate:
.093 snap
.157 pressure
7x.080 clutch
2x.095 steel
4x.076 steel
.223 apply

Total stack=1.527 (roughly 35 clearance)

if you have the .190/.192 (referred to differently depending on the supplier) pressure:

.093 snap
.192 pressure
7x.080 clutch
6x.076 steel
.223 apply

total stack=1.524 (roughly 35 clearance)

This equals about .005 clearance per friction. You might have to juggle steels to get the right clearance.

Make sure to always put thicker steels in the middle of the pack as a heat sink during apply. I actually prefer the .157 stack but there's nothing wrong with either of them.
Old 03-28-2018, 09:18 PM
TECH Addict

yea so I'm hunting parts, the wiring harness and all the solenoids for my transmission. AC Delco is really Proud of their wiring harness, the noids are fairly cheap but the harness these guys are nutz! When dealing with electrical parts for my GM cars I always buy GM or AC Delco because I always have Bad Luck when I don't. do you guys have any luck with any particular aftermarket brand for the harness?
MaroonMonsterLS1 I appreciate all your input and it makes perfect sense to me however I'm not doing the build myself, I have an ex GM trans guy doing my build. I am however purchasing all of the parts and that is the reason for all of my questions, I don't normally buy junk for my cars.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:24 AM
TECH Junkie

If you can't find anything for a decent price, you could leave the harness and replace just the shift solenoids, and the EPC. From my supply house, it all comes as a kit with AC Delco or BWD.

If the guy you have building yours happens to still have a commercial account, have him check into the kit for you.
Old 03-29-2018, 05:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MaroonMonsterLS1
If you can't find anything for a decent price, you could leave the harness and replace just the shift solenoids, and the EPC. From my supply house, it all comes as a kit with AC Delco or BWD.

If the guy you have building yours happens to still have a commercial account, have him check into the kit for you.
Will this do the job and is the price a good one?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4L60E-Trans...53.m1438.l2649
Old 03-29-2018, 09:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Looks exactly like what I receive. Yes good parts. Price is not stellar but you're not getting ripped off either.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:11 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MaroonMonsterLS1
Looks exactly like what I receive. Yes good parts. Price is not stellar but you're not getting ripped off either.
Great, I'll order them today. Thanx for your Help!
Old 04-14-2018, 10:36 AM
TECH Addict

OK the car is in the shop getting this fancy rebuild kit installed. There is a whole in my garage, I feel empty. He says 2 weeks. I trust this guy because he does work on my Corvette when there is anything too big for me to do myself, Great Mechanic.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 345 Likes on 237 Posts

OK the car is in the shop getting this fancy rebuild kit installed. There is a whole in my garage, I feel empty. He says 2 weeks. I trust this guy because he does work on my Corvette when there is anything too big for me to do myself, Great Mechanic.
It will be worth it. It's so nice having a nice shifting solid transmission.
A stock 4l60e combined with stock transmission tune is really just........MUSH! lol
Old 04-17-2018, 09:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

The trailblazer converter is well worth the money spent on it. Got the car together that I was putting it in 2 weekends ago. No dyno number tuned and the street, quick run down of car. 01 camaro, sbe, stock 5.3 heads, 220r cam, full exhaust, lid and this converter. I was surprised with the converter to say the least. Idle set at 700 and pushes no more than stock stall and cam. The highest I got it to flash was 2600 before spinning the tires. I'd recommend this combo or converter to anyone. And to top this combo you can get the tsp stg 2 low lift truck cam cheaper and prob get about the same power.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:54 PM
TECH Addict

Oh Yea, the car drives like a different car. TheTrutech kit, and I went with a stock converter makes a world of difference. The only thing is I turned on the a/c and hot air. I'm awaiting a new compressor, actually a kit from RockAuto so I can drive with cool air, living in NC the summer gets kinda Hot. I just want to say Thank You to all that helped me along my way to getting this done right. so here's what it is......... Replacement of the rear main seal and cover plate, replaced the oil pan gasket, rebuild the transmission with the TruTech kit, GM A/C Delco control magnets and wiring harness, stock torque converter and all the Labor cost me a whopping $1717.41. I think I got a Great Deal. The Trans Builder bought a couple of hard parts and a Corvette Servo that are included into this price.