Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L65E build question

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 02:07 PM
Launching!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts
Default 4L65E build question

I have a great running and shifting 4L65E that's going behind a heads and cam 6.0 in my Nova. It has to be dismantled to be changed to two wheel drive anyway so I'm taking it to a local guru that knows his stuff. I figured if it has to be taken apart that far I might as well have him do a rebuild and I purchased a Transgo shift kit and Corvette servo. Are there any other mush change parts other than the rebuild kit needed to make it last? Its strictly a street car and never raced but I love to 0-60 and hear it scream now so I'm sure that will not change with the 6.0 swap..
Old 08-11-2018, 02:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 346 Likes on 238 Posts

Check out post #3 by PBA in this thread
https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...part-list.html
Old 08-22-2018, 05:01 AM
Launching!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

I got the last of my parts in and carried the 4L65 to the guru yesterday. First he has a great reputation for being the 4L60 man, ASE certified, and first impression of his shop was a nice clean orderly work area with all of the tools you could imagine. He had it apart and had two piles of parts, one to be cleaned and one to be trashed and replaced in less than an hour. I've been doing this a long time and know some stuff about building cars but I wish I knew how to do that.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out these vids on http://transmissionbench.com/4L60Evideos.html

Only way I know to learn is get you a manual or two and get busy with a trans fluid bath. What is the worst thing? If it doesn't work you pull it back apart and try it again.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I second the transmissionbench videos by Jimmy. You won't find a better "how to rebuild a 4l60e" set of videos on the internet. They're super thorough and at a pacing that a "I'm a decent weekend warrior but..." can handle.