Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 drag car solenoid B stuck on second built trans.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 07:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 drag car solenoid B stuck on second built trans.

I have an ecs supercharged 06 c6 with a 3600 circle d stall that has been giving me hell constantly. The issue is I keep loosing 4-5-6 gears and getting the code P0777 solenoid B stuck. This is my second 6l80 and this one is built with all the best parts from Corvette connection in CO. New TCM and solenoids. The car has a built ls2 and rpm stage 2 diff with 3.42 gears. The first trans was tuned by myself and I have tuned a good amount of these cars with no issues. The built trans I used the tune supplied by the builders. If anyone has any recommendations I would really appreciate it! This car is killing me. If you would like to review the tune I can send it to you.

​The possibilities that I can think of are
​​​(1) The 4-5-6 shaft sheared off (hard to believe both trans did this within 100 miles).
(2) the solenoid is actually bad (again hard to believe).
(3) Tune related.
(4) Electrical issue.​​​​​​

Old 01-25-2019, 04:33 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

I am not sure about the 6 speed auto but in the 4l60e with a high stall shift solenoid stuck many times is a false code caused by the stall and is simply tuned out , But have nt looked into the 6 speed auto on this ,

Call 888-744-6542

Old 01-25-2019, 05:18 PM
Teching In

It's funny you say that because I was just looking into that and I'm thinking that's the issue. I just did some testing and I found that with the converter unlocked at WOT it trips the code. Maybe it is seeing the input rpm is different than the output rpm due to converter slip? I did a relearn and locked the converter and so far so good. Although there is probably a reason people don't lock there converter at the track but the car feels much stronger with it locked.
Old 01-25-2019, 08:52 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by milesg
It's funny you say that because I was just looking into that and I'm thinking that's the issue. I just did some testing and I found that with the converter unlocked at WOT it trips the code. Maybe it is seeing the input rpm is different than the output rpm due to converter slip? I did a relearn and locked the converter and so far so good. Although there is probably a reason people don't lock there converter at the track but the car feels much stronger with it locked.
Well locked you lose torque multiplication and if you have shifts set up aggressive you can risk damage during a shift due to impact,

Call 888-744-6542

Old 01-26-2019, 12:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,218 Likes on 782 Posts

Not to mention you risk slipping the lockup clutch and ruining the converter.

I would tune the trans properly rather than just lockup the converter as a bandaid
Old 01-26-2019, 06:07 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the advice. The Trans shift speeds and pressures are set up properly. The converter pressures and lockup is most likely not. I also do not have a Dyno to properly tune the wot lockup speeds. But in most cases keeping the converter unlocked is just fine. For some reason mine just does not agree with it and it trips the code. If anyone has any advice or has experienced this I'm all ears.

Last edited by milesg; 01-26-2019 at 06:22 AM.
Old 01-26-2019, 12:10 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by milesg
Thanks for the advice. The Trans shift speeds and pressures are set up properly. The converter pressures and lockup is most likely not. I also do not have a Dyno to properly tune the wot lockup speeds. But in most cases keeping the converter unlocked is just fine. For some reason mine just does not agree with it and it trips the code. If anyone has any advice or has experienced this I'm all ears.
Well as I state in the 4l60e the code is simply disabled and code reporting for it turned off , I am not familiar with the tuning on the 6 speed but I would imagine you can do the same.

Call 888-744-6542