Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back to stock

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 06:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back to stock

I recently burned up my tranny, so until I save up enought for a new one, I went ahead and got mine rebuilt to stock with a stock converter. Driving it home from the shop, I noticed that it surges. Ex.... when in drive at a stop sign and moving forward (foot not on gas) it seemed like it was trying to run through the gears. It does this if I am under 1/4 throttle. It then seems to drive OK until I reach my cruising speed, then it jumps again. WTF? I would give you more info, but the tranny only has 7.4 miles on it since the rebuild! My initial question is,

Do I need to pull out my old tune to make it run properly? (full MTI dyno tune), or does fault lie with the builder?

Also, this shop rebuilt my last tranny w/ no problems. Same builder.

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 11-24-2004, 07:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll need a different tune. The SY converter was lighter and smaller diameter so you spun less mass at idle. Also it gave you more slip to get you past the low rpm range which your GX3 probably does not like to be in.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ragtop 99
You'll need a different tune. The SY converter was lighter and smaller diameter so you spun less mass at idle. Also it gave you more slip to get you past the low rpm range which your GX3 probably does not like to be in.
So the tuning would most likely explain why the car is acting the way that it is?