Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Surges when comming to a stop

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car Surges when comming to a stop

I think it has always done it alittle. Now some times when im almost stopped it pushes forward. Almost like you have something rolling around in the trunk(if there was one) Its hard to figure out because i never know when it will do it.Anyone else have this happen. I think it may be the tranny but could be a tranny mount or rearend. Thanks
Old 12-03-2004, 05:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem with my stock tranny. It happened mostly after some high rpm cruising when I stopped the car than BOOM. I took it to a GM-dealer and they said I'd need a new tranny. A few days later I took the car for some cruising at the highway here in Germany up to 160 MPH when suddenly there was traffic and I had to brake hard. So the car stopped and then BOOM again. I put it in ''N'' and waited for traffic beeing ended.After that I put the lever in Drive position and the tranny started to slip and wouldn't shift so my tranny was killed. Somebody I asked about it told me the reason why my tranny was damaged was due to the fact that I had no tranny cooler installed. That way the tranny fluid got too hot and killed the tranny.

I hope your case is different and you won't need a new tranny as I did.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:53 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my 94 bird did the same thing at a stop after driving round town. turned out to b the MAP sensor, it was clogged solid.