Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans Go 4L60E Shift Kit

Old 01-06-2005, 10:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans Go 4L60E Shift Kit

Just thought i'd share...

I finally got my trans go shift kit installed over winter break. I can say that I am very pleased with the outcome. The shifts are definitely quicker and firmer, but not neck-snapping or anything like that.

In case anyone is wondering, it took one full day for my mechanic to install it, and he charged about $300.00. (I chose to have a mechanic do it for me since i dont know squat about transmissions.)
Old 01-07-2005, 01:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Nice to hear , i had my kit still laying on the garage floor unpacked ,but i have some more month to go , Summer is beginning in May her is Sweden :-) . Did you just install the hardware only nothing done on the computer , i have asked this question before without any answer appreciate if you can answer this .
Old 01-17-2005, 12:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by vikingramair
Nice to hear , i had my kit still laying on the garage floor unpacked ,but i have some more month to go , Summer is beginning in May her is Sweden :-) . Did you just install the hardware only nothing done on the computer , i have asked this question before without any answer appreciate if you can answer this .
i installed the hardware only. did nothing to the computer. it seemed to work fine for me.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:09 PM
TECH Resident

It took him a full day? I've heard of people who don't do this for a living doing it in an hour...it just takes hand tools nothing special.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:49 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did mine after work one night with a halogen light (that sucked), about four hours.
Not in a rush...cost $0.
Did he take the trans out and install the high rev springs?

Search this Thread