Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yank Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 09:57 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yank Pricing

Since i have been on this forum i have read many post on hear about how yank is much higher than tci converters. I had a customer call yesterday who was going to buy a TCI Part# 242937 and the cost was 765.00. Our SS series run 775.00 so it makes me wonder when they spec out a converter that is built like ours where is the big price gap.I wanted to through that out there for everyone to think about when reading these post are you comparing apples to apples or not.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When comparing apples to apples, the prices seem the same. When you by a converter with a standard cover and stator, the price is a lot cheaper. When I had my Midwest, it was $475 and the price jumps when you get the billet cover and steel stator. The price was $695 and still not as good as a Yank.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You get what you pay for I have the yank SS4000. Yeah it may have cost me $895 spring of 04, but its had the hell beat out of it and still works the same as new. Once thought it was slipping turned out to be a cracked input drun inside the trans.
As compared to my old TCI 3600 it's like rotten apples to tree fresh. The SS has better daily driver manners and launches like crazy, once locked up never knew it was there. A lil wierd thing is it picked up 2MPG Lighter weight over stock? No idea why.
I'm with you Dave you have a 2 year warranty while others offer 90 days. You may not have a free restall like others but the warranty makes up for it. So like its said YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR