Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny/Converter Problem, Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny/Converter Problem, Please Help!

I am getting a little irritated here. My tranny went out on my car, so I ordered a stage 1 Evil Transmission and a TCI 3000 Stall from Speed Inc. I installed it all and have had nothing but problems. The car drove fine the first day, but towards the end of the day, it started slipping real bad. It only does this some times. The car also makes a real annoying whining sound that prgresses with acceleration, something rubbing lightly maybe.. All I know is this car is my daily driver and I can't have it being tempermental like this. Does it need tuning? Perhaps I was supposed to shim the converter? I have a tranny cooler for it, but I haven't put it on yet, and NO I have not been ******* the car, due to the advice from the people at Speed inc. (Tranny needs 500 break-in miles..) What do I do?

Bob
Old 03-03-2005, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

Unhappy

7 People read this and no one has any ideas?
Old 03-03-2005, 11:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you contacted Speed Inc. to discuss it with them.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:33 PM
10 Second Club

first check, then drain/ and inspect fluid. change filter and hope for the best. if that doesn't work then call speed inc. because it could be a bad trans..

does it slip between shifts or slip out of lockup? what type of fluid did you use? does it only act up after driving the car for a long while?
Old 03-04-2005, 02:34 PM
On The Tree

It drives like crap very sparatically.. Anytime from when i get in the car and its cold to when its been driven for several miles.
It's also falling on its face real bad on the highway. if I am going around 65-70 and go to accelerate it wraps up real fast and almost feels like the tranny's trying to slow the car down...
I have Checked the fluid anytime that it has given me problems. The fluid is fine. I haven't been in touch with Speed Inc. yet cause I have been hoping it was something that can be easily fixed. If I have to take that tranny out and have another fortune spent on it I am going to be very unhappy....
I'm hearing from some local people that they have had alot of probs with speed inc trannies. Im not happy about this at all. guy from one of the local boards went through s stage 2 and a stage 3 in less than a year and a half.
Old 03-19-2005, 10:25 PM
11 Second Club

i just rebuilt mine and am having the same problem someone please chime in with some info please.