Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TQ converter install guides??

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 12:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GM parts counter, but i believe that Advanced or Auto ZOne has them. It may be in the "Help" section where you can find vacuum lines and t-connectors and things.
Old 04-02-2005, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by strokedls1
I have never pulled those clips out. I just wrench the cooler lines off. The bolts if they are allen is a 8mm. I know because I had to buy one just for that job. I replaced them with normal torque converter bolts to save future hassle. Have a friend help you and it will cut down on the time big time. Make sure to keep twisting the converter till it seats all the way on the input shaft.

Did you wrench off the cooler lines from the transmission or from the radiator?
Old 04-02-2005, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

From the transmission.
Old 04-02-2005, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow!! This turned out to be a pretty informative thread!! Thanks for the tips fellas!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2005, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

any other useful tips anyone else has?
Old 04-04-2005, 12:15 AM
Launching!

Yeah, if you're doing a tranny cooler (which you should with a stall) just go ahead and track down extra tranny hose for it in advance( don't let them sell you emmisions hose or fuel line, make sure it says transmission hose on it). The 3 feet they give you with the kits doesn't come close. Also, do a dry run with your hoses to make sure you like where they're ran and that they will fit and make bends that aren't to tight before you fasten down your cooler. I made this mistake. Just eyeballed the route I was gonna use and zipped my cooler to the radiator and then found that the supplied hose wasn't long enough and I was going to have trouble with my planned route. I got them ran fine but created a lot more hassle and work for myself by not double checking everything.
Tip # 1,237
I used a 15 mm offset boxed end wrench on the filler tube hold down bolt and had zero problems getting it on and off. The write up makes that bolt sound impossible but it's way easier than say #8 manifold bolt when I had stock manifolds.