Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans rebuilders inside...

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 10:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans rebuilders inside...

with a 4l60e. Had a sprag replaced in a trans and now it only has forward gears after driving fine for about 10 miles. Linepressure isnt an issue because it vacuum modulated. Will a sunshell broken cause this?

The car can be put in reverse but it still moves in the forward position. Cant tell what all gears it has since it went out...It seems like its only first or 2nd.

Mike
Old 04-04-2005, 11:01 AM
Banned

Default hey

Hey V6 Bird, Broken sun shell= no reverse,no2nd and no4th. Broken sprag= no takeoff from d range (normaly) . Sounds like to me you have a broken forward clutch. Hope this helps..... Dave
Old 04-04-2005, 02:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Rock-On
Hey V6 Bird, Broken sun shell= no reverse,no2nd and no4th. Broken sprag= no takeoff from d range (normaly) . Sounds like to me you have a broken forward clutch. Hope this helps..... Dave
So to get this straight a broken sun shell will be in reverse on the shifter yet still move forward? If so thats the case. We just replaced the sprag on it because it was described like you said....

Do these usually go out hand in hand?

Mike
Old 04-04-2005, 02:37 PM
Banned

Default hey

It'll move move forward in 1st and 3rd only, you stated that when put in reverse...the car moves forward...This is normally assoicated with a burned/welded forward clutch. I hope this helps ...Dave
Old 04-04-2005, 03:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Rock-On
It'll move move forward in 1st and 3rd only, you stated that when put in reverse...the car moves forward...This is normally assoicated with a burned/welded forward clutch. I hope this helps ...Dave
Can that happen if you over fill a trans...Its not my car just trying to help the guy out.

Mike