Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slipping during shift...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slipping during shift...

I've got a 99 Silverado with a Z06 cam ('01) and e-fans. Everything else is stock (except the tune). MY trans slips during the shifts bad. It used to do it with the stock cam a little but now when it hits the shift RPM it jumps up to the rev limiter. I guess my question is this: Is the solution as simple as "It's time for a rebuild" or are there some settings I can try with HPT? Under all other driving conditions (anything but full throttle shifts) the tranny seems fine. THanks.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it ok at part throttle shifts or does it seem like its only a WOT problem?

Mec
Old 04-28-2005, 11:38 PM
Teching In

My best suggestion is to invest in a shift kit, this will make it hit the next gear faster. you can either get an electronic one or one that goes in the tranny. I have an electronic one and it doesn't always act the same. So i strongly recomend one that is in the tranny. It also could be that the tranny is fried too, mine started doing that under WOT and not at any other time, and turned out that the front pump went out. But mine was also making some pretty bad sounds.
NOTE: this will also make your car start barking the tires when it shifts under WOT.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Greaseymec
Is it ok at part throttle shifts or does it seem like its only a WOT problem?

Mec

Definitely only at WOT (so far).
Old 04-29-2005, 10:19 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I,ve heard this complaint before but not sure how to fix it. My thoughts are that at high RPM the pump slide centers and the line pressure drops causing the clutches to slip. There is a kit called NO YoYo for 5300+ rpm that has a stiffer pump slide spring to help keep the pump slide in place. I will be installing one on mine. Any other builders got anything else on this? Its a pretty common complaint but dont know of a solid fix.

Mec