Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rattling Noise Coming From Converter

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 09:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattling Noise Coming From Converter

Hey quick question. I have got a noise as if something is rolling around in my converter
When i shut of car, ive pulled the converter out and was looking at it last night when fliping it up side down or rolling it around i can something moving around in there if you can imagine what a little tiny rock rolling around in there would sound like thats exactly what it sound like, but the coverter seems to be working fine what should i do?
honestly i don't have the cash to buy another coverter right know and the rattle is not a real big of a deal.
is there a chance that a bearing inside has come apart and thats what i'm hearing and if so wouldn't that cause a problem?
Old 05-06-2005, 09:53 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are a lot of things that can break off but since the coverter is filled with fluid its hard for something to rattle. The spag is kind of floatig in there and if you shake it you will hear it clunk around sometimes. You sure the flexplate isnt cracked or loose? If you put it on the trans and spin it and hear something I would send it out and get it looked at, doesnt cost a lot to get it repaired if its aftermarket and if its stock you can probably get one for next to nothing around here
Old 05-06-2005, 10:37 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

loose O2's can do this also
Old 05-06-2005, 10:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BOTTLEDZ
Hey quick question. I have got a noise as if something is rolling around in my converter
When i shut of car, ive pulled the converter out and was looking at it last night when fliping it up side down or rolling it around i can something moving around in there if you can imagine what a little tiny rock rolling around in there would sound like thats exactly what it sound like, but the coverter seems to be working fine what should i do?
honestly i don't have the cash to buy another coverter right know and the rattle is not a real big of a deal.
is there a chance that a bearing inside has come apart and thats what i'm hearing and if so wouldn't that cause a problem?
If you have cat's on this car they may be coming apart. Sometimes you can hear it when you bang on them hard with you hand.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by billc5
If you have cat's on this car they may be coming apart. Sometimes you can hear it when you bang on them hard with you hand.
I'm sorry i mean the torque converter.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

i have the same problem and i guarantee it's the verter i would be willing to bet it a precision converter as well.........mine did it after i sent it to them and had the lock up taken out of it don't know if yours is in there but my verter does the same damn thing worked fine but pings now and then mainly when ya shut the car off and on occasion upon start up you can hear it don't know what it is but my verter works just fine just a little annoying sometimes

Quick Reply: Rattling Noise Coming From Converter