Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans Oil Cooling Line Connections

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 02:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans Oil Cooling Line Connections

Last time I dropped the tranny for a TC install, had a bad experience with those wire C-retainers which keeps the trans cooler lines connected to the housing. I would like to replace the connection to the tranny housing with a set of quick release couplings.

Question for those in the know, is there a removeable fitting that the pop-in tube end connects to? If so, what size and thread pitch would that fitting be? I need (would like) to convert to -6AN connections for the quick couplers and braided line.

Thanks for the assistance....
Old 05-07-2005, 08:48 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure why you want to waste your money, after reading this tell me why.

You remove the clip and remove the line (obviously), then to reinstall you put the clip back (with the trans still on the ground(hopefully obviously), put the trans in place, bolt it up, push the line in and you're done.
How is that a problem?
In fact to remove the line you remove the clip, pull the line out and reinstall the clip.

If you want I might be able to make a short video clip of this.
It would be done on a trans on the ground so it might be cheating.

GM made those snap in connectors I'm guessing to speed assembly, and they do just that if you know how to use them.
Old 05-07-2005, 02:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought they were cool at first. Then when one of those little wire retainers somehow walked away (on a satruday afternoon), they lost their coolness w/ me. There are like proprietary clips, not available at your neighborhood parts store. Luckily on Monday, the dealer had some in stock (maybe because misplacing those little buggers is a common problem). Only had my daily driver out of commision for one work day. I could have some extra ones in back-up just incase or I could try & eliminate the issue all together.

At least w/ the old school tube nut, you couldn't loose your method of connection. Thanks for your constructive comments...
Old 05-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can adapt it back to the old style with this kit.
On this page.