Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The 4L60E in my truck is jacked up.. HELP ME!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 09:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The 4L60E in my truck is jacked up.. HELP ME!

So I was beating on my truck and I blew the rear end. The G80 basically owned itself. Anyway, so I rebuilt the rear end, got everything working good, and I took it out for a test drive.

Well I limped it around in 1st gear for a while then decided to head out onto a main road. Well I hit 2nd gear, and it felt like someone slammed on the brakes. It felt as if 1st gear didn't disengage and 2nd gear engaged thus slowing the car down as if it was braking.

So Im basically freaking out guys. Im hoping this is just some computer or solenoid problem. There was NO CLUNKING OR CLANGING, just pure stopping. I tested it again by throwing it into 1st then into 2nd, but again, it felt like someone slammed on the brakes, or put it into park, but without the violent jerking. So i tried to go from 2nd gear from a stop, and it didn't work. It felt like the brakes were on and it wasn't moving.

Then I just parked the car and I haven't touched it since. I don't want to think I dropped 2nd gear, because I don't have the money to rebuild the tranny.

Did anything similar happen to anyone else?

If so, what was the problem??

-Nick
Old 06-06-2005, 05:50 PM
10 Second Fun Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Possibly the emergency brakes?
Old 06-07-2005, 01:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Over at S10forum.com I had a guy tell me it might be the valve body not opening. My E brake isn't even hooked up, so thats definitely not possible.

Does the valve body sound pretty accurate?