Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Won't shift out of 2nd no matter what HELP PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 07:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Won't shift out of 2nd no matter what HELP PLEASE!

The car wil go into Park, Reverse and Neutral fine.
In D it is in 2nd
In 3 it is in 2nd
In 2 it is in 2nd
In 1 it is in 2nd
It will not shift automatically or manually.

Now let me give you backgound, I burnt up the original tranny 2 and 3 clutches. I found a used one with a bad pump so I just swapped the pump from the original and put it in the new one in order to do this I took both trannies to a shop and they swapped them for me. I put in my original TC (3800 TCI SSF). I pulled one of my cooler lines to make sure It pumped ok and it did fine. I went for a test drive and 2nd was all I had. I might have screwed up and missed one of the electrical connections. I am going to drain it and check once it cools down I am confident that the check ***** are in correctly the gasket seemed a little misaligned but not to bad. Since I have an extra valve body I am tempted to just start swapping all the solenoids. I would just bolt up the other valve body but that one has a shift kit.
This is my plan of attack at this point
1. check for the obvious screw up when I installed the valve body.
2. swap solenoids maybe complete valve bodies including spacer plate.
3. Put stock converter in. I think this a longshot though I would think that the coverter being bad wouldn't cause it to not shift gears. If it isn't possible for the converter to cause this problem let me know so I don't drop the tranny and reinstall it for no reason.

Last edited by Holeshotz; 07-02-2005 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Decided to just say screw it and swap valve bodies. Works fine now. I still would like to know what would cause this to happen though. So I can replace it on my other valve body and have the bad tranny rebuilt.

Last edited by Holeshotz; 07-02-2005 at 01:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Won't shift out of 2nd no matter what HELP PLEASE!