Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad Vibration at 40MPH TCI 3500

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 12:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Vibration at 40MPH TCI 3500

OK, I'm looking for a little insight. Before I did my converter swap I had slight vibration at 40 MPH locked up. Now with my TCI 3500 at around 40 MPH locked up it's pretty bad. It makes a squeal sound and vibrates badly. Only around 40-45 MPH though. Locked up at any other speed it's perfectly fine and I enjoy it! So, could this be hurting something? Also, I've had this problem before the install also, my trans starts to whine like a supercharger at 4,000 RPMs and up. What could cause this?
Thanks,
Philip S.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:19 PM
TECH Regular

hmmm the viberation your describing doesn't sound tranny related... Are any of your wheels bent or been filled with fix a flat? Do you have all of your weights on your wheels??? lastly what kind of condition is your drive shaft in???
Old 08-01-2005, 05:14 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CONVERTED
hmmm the viberation your describing doesn't sound tranny related... Are any of your wheels bent or been filled with fix a flat? Do you have all of your weights on your wheels??? lastly what kind of condition is your drive shaft in???
Yes, other people keep telling me it's driveshaft, U-joint or wheel releated. So I'm going to check all of that out tomorrow. However, How would any of the above create a squealing sound? It's hard to describe, but it also pops. I have a feeling that could be U-joints binding?
Thanks,
Philip S.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:07 PM
TECH Regular

diffs makes a bad whinning when they go out... I just junked my 4l60e this weekend... it's being rebuilt right now... didn't even hear a chrip or grind when it went out.. which is really common i've heard... it's very rare that you willl hear an auto go out... you might see signs in the fluid but other wise you just one day not have anything... no warning just death... it's hard to say what would make that sound but spinn metal thats going out could make some weird noises...