Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My notes on P0756 code and symptoms...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 02:21 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My notes on P0756 code and symptoms...

Ok, after somewhat tuning my new Fuddle TC for A/R of the TCC, my wife called one day and said there was a SES on. I get home and scan it, P0756. WTF? No 1-2 Shift Solenoid...... I clear the SES and Log, drive no issues. About 2wks later I get the same code driving home, which is up a pretty good grade hill. I scan, clear and think its mere conincidence. Now, another couple weeks and the code sets again. I happen to note, each time its coming up this hill. So, thats check one. Next I happen to chat with the wife, and she tells me she hadnt placed the car in D, from OD. I think back and sure enough since I adjusted the TCC I havent either, I been keeping it in OD. Check #2. So, she goes on to tell me how when someone is on her *** at the stop lights she'll let off the brake and let the TCC hold the car, or sometimes it will roll back! Ah ha! I think.. I go up and down the hill like 4 times today.
Run one, D, and hold brakes at the lights.
Run two, OD, hold brakes at the lights.
Run three, D, release brakes at the lights
Run four, OD, release brakes at the lights, modulating the throttle slightly..BAM Code sets! Of course, there is no 1st or 2nd after the SES came on, which didnt happen until it hits 3rd gear. Next light, at the top of the hill luckily, the car is stuck in 3rd gear, so I place the shifter into 1st, got 1st. Shift up manually and the fricken trans rocks the car like the whole damn thing is loose, WTF? I pull in, and place it back into 1st, again, shakes the car like its going to fall the **** out. Nervous, I ease it into the parking stall. Scan, yep 0756 is there. Clear it and the log. Start and roll it, no more issues. I guess when the code is set, it messes up more then the solenoid shifts, like the pressure or something. Not going to worry about testing all that now. I just wanted to confirm that uphill, and letting the TCC hold the car while in OD is not the right way to drive up steep grades! Thought I would post this, since a lot of ppl are having issues similar.

Charlie

Fuddle 3800 2.5str, Cmotorsports Level 2 4L60E, 3.23 10bolt.

Last edited by CAT3; 08-07-2005 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:08 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get this same code when I drive my SS in OD in stop and go traffic. Once the code pops up all I have to do is pull over, shut the car off for a minute or so, start her back up and she is good. The code stays up for about 50 miles then deletes itself. My TC is a Vig 3200 2.2 str. Some good info in your post though.

Quick Reply: My notes on P0756 code and symptoms...