Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHY to not go WOT in OD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 07:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dug
I heard if the trans overheats it starts in 2nd gear.
Limp mode is 3rd gear. The default mode with both the A and B solenoids off is a 3rd gear start. The only thing I can think of that would cause a hot trans to start in 2nd is if there is a valvebody problem, and under high temperatures it causes a valve to stick and keep the 2/4 band applied, or something similar. Either way it indicates some type of seperate condition unrelated to, but aggrivated by, excessive heat.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:35 PM
11 Second Club

OK guys thanks for the replies.....

I think it may have been coincidence that I was in OD the runs it stuck....I hot lapped (kinda but not really) the other two runs where it stuck.......

They are 26" but they are a little bit bigger, they stand about an inch taller than my 17s and I figure with the weight of the car on the ETs it goes to about a half an inch.....

I think I am going to change my fluid since it has been about 12k miles. I have only had the converter for 3,000 of those.....

Again thanks for the replies, I will tray a different track strategy when letting it cool, and look into a trany temp gauge...
Old 08-23-2005, 11:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MrDude_1
no its not.

but let me put it it this way.. i have friends with 4200+ stalls on the street that run with slicks and/or DRs and they dont have issues either.

somethings wrong with either the tune, or the trans.

yeah I know my low 3400rpm stall is nothing compared to what most f-body guys run but then again I don't own an F-body.

But I do agree it's the trans or the tune.
Matt
Old 08-23-2005, 11:45 PM
TECH Regular

i dont know if i agree with all that of not leaving it in od, b/c i ran a best of 13.333 with od on and i ran a 13.47 with it in d, so to me i think im leavin it in drive. it shifts fine but it does feel slow out of the hole, but i think thats b/c it needs gears and a stall
Old 08-24-2005, 12:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

log your runs in D and OD.

My timing and injector pulsewidth were unchanged.

Quick Reply: WHY to not go WOT in OD!!!