Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Major shifting issues after cam and tune. Please Advise.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 06:00 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kpowr82
Oops, sorry Speedo, you beat me. Is there anyway you could take a picture of the port on the transmission where you hooked up the pressure gauge? Sorry, I'm not real familiar with the trans.

Thanks

Its on the drivers side of the trans halfway up dead in the middle. There is a 7/16 plug in there now unless you have a trans temp guage, then the sender would be there. Just pull the sender or the plug out and thread the pressure gauge in and hang on to it while at WOT cause the pressure will twist the thing out of your hand. If you can do it on a hoist that would be the best bet, but if your like me just hang on to it ouside the window.

If you have low Line pressure it probably is the trans not shifting when it is told to.

Last edited by speedo; 09-23-2005 at 07:28 PM.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:51 PM
TECH Resident

Hey speedo, thanks for all the help. I'm gonna try that today. BTW, I owe you a cold one...hell, I'll throw in another when the Lions whip the Vikings in a few weeks.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:27 PM
10 Second Club

Hope they do all the guys I work with are huge Vikings fans.....I like to see them suffer when they loose big!!

I am not much into sports I have a hard enough time keeping my car running latley, and then working OT to pay for it....

Originally Posted by kpowr82
Hey speedo, thanks for all the help. I'm gonna try that today. BTW, I owe you a cold one...hell, I'll throw in another when the Lions whip the Vikings in a few weeks.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:00 PM
yak
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

guys i don't think line pressure has much to do with this. first off when i put my cam in my car did this on a stock tune. then I went and had it tuned and it still happened. my tuner thought it may have something to do with the stock tc, so we adjusted the lockup points and it still happened. Anyway, My line pressure is so ******* high my car will chirp the tires going from park to drive. so not having enough linepressure will not cause this problem. I am getting really pissed right now because i was coming home before and i put the selector in 2 from a dead stop and mashed the gas, It started going in 2nd gear and i was like wtf. at about 50mph i let up and the trans tried to downshift but i think the computer wouldn't let it do it because my rpms went to like 6500 but it didn't feel like it was in gear.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:26 PM
11 Second Club

i also had tuning issues if you need help let me know also had the tune done with same guy but it was my 2-3 shift seems like we got squared away with just adjusting shift point about 100rpm lower also check your mph that the computer is set to shift at. had problems because would never reach mph and wouldn't shift. pm if you need advice just don't give up like i almost did. hptuners is your friend.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:13 PM
TECH Resident

UPDATE: Just got my HPT in the mail today. Damn I'm gonna have some fun with this! The shitty thing is, after using jimmyblues trans tables, then using stock trans tables, then reverting back to the stock tune!...I still have the same problem. So, I've pretty much ruled it a fried trans.

I'm gonna take it to a trans shop and have them take a look. It might me something stupid like a shift solenoid that isn't throwing a code. I hope this is the case, I'm still wishing for the best case scenario on my 3yr old 23,000 mi , well maintained trans.