Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what tc to get?

Old 09-17-2005, 01:17 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what tc to get?

well i have a 96 ss with a ls1 and a 4l60.

just recently i burnt up the tranny and tc. i just purchesed a new tranny with beefed up synchros.

now i am looking for the right torque converter. i want to be able to drive the car on the street but use it more at the track. the old converter was a vig 4000 stall

well here are my mods that might help you guys help me decide.

i have 410 rear stage 2 heads comp cams nitrous ground cam all the normal bolt ons. i do also have a tranny cooler. i will be spraying a 150 wet shot after i get this issues worked out

i beleive i burnt up my last tranny cause of heat. so i was looking to get a new tranny with a manual lock up. but now i am confused what size stall, clutch packs, manual lock up, and company

i do like the precision line up and would like to stick with them but also want to make sure i get the right torque converter and not blow another transmission.

thanks in advance for any and all help,
Eric
Old 09-20-2005, 04:46 PM
Launching!

bump for some help
Old 09-20-2005, 07:57 PM
12 Second Club

I would go with the Pro Yank series. They are built to handle all the abuse, and if you read their website, the Pro Yank series is especially made for nitrous applications. I have a SS3600 Yank converter and absolutely love it, very streetable and I know their 4000+ stalls are just as good.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So are you still running a tranny from an LT1? Make sure you mention that to whomever you order from. The SS 3600 (don't lock-up when spraying) or PYE 3600 (with posi lock clutches) would be good.

If you are having heat issues, improve your cooling. 24k B&M Supercooler, 160 T-stat with fan settings, and a TCI pan should be more than adequate.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ragtop 99
So are you still running a tranny from an LT1? Make sure you mention that to whomever you order from. The SS 3600 (don't lock-up when spraying) or PYE 3600 (with posi lock clutches) would be good.

If you are having heat issues, improve your cooling. 24k B&M Supercooler, 160 T-stat with fan settings, and a TCI pan should be more than adequate.

no i am running a complete ls1 set up

i will look into getting a bigger cooler and other thing

thanks a lot

Search this Thread