Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People with Modulated 4l60e's does your car throw a code for the e/modulator?

Old 09-17-2005, 09:00 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People with Modulated 4l60e's does your car throw a code for the e/modulator?

Put a fresh trans in last week and it worked awsome for about 160 miles now it shifts funny as if there was a vaccum leak. Slips about 300 rpm then grabs in every gear and also when you take your foot off the gas and reapply. Trans fluid smells fresh nothing in the pan, Line pressure is real good, changed out shift noids, and I have a fresh converter in it.

No check engine light, but scanned just because I was out of options and a code came up for the electronic modulator that was replaced by the vaccum modulator. There is I think a 7ohm resister in its place so the computer thinks the electronic one is there.

My questions is....... is that code always there with a vaccum modulator and the light just never comes on? I never scanned it after we put it in before all this went down. I am thinking that resister may be fried. No broken wires in there either we looked at it when we changed shift noids.
Old 09-17-2005, 01:06 PM
TECH Resident

mine gave a code also, but didnt throw a ses light. I cant remember what the dtc was.
Old 09-17-2005, 01:42 PM
10 Second Club

Dang didn't want to hear that. Same thing mine does. No check engine light but the code is there
Old 09-17-2005, 06:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After I installed mine, I ran a scan to make sure and I didn't get a code. Did you disconnect the resistor and put it back on?
Old 09-19-2005, 04:15 PM
Banned

Default listen up

Sometimes we get codes when we turn the key on with the transmission removed then other times we a a code the first time the key is cycled after the install, generally speaking all you have to do is clear this code and go on about your way...hope this helps...Dave
Old 09-20-2005, 06:22 PM
10 Second Club

We got it figured out. We took the Vaccum Modulator out and put the stock one back in and everything is back to normal. Well it doesn't shift as hard or fast at WOT, but at least it works. My mechanic says that Vaccum line in the trans to the modulator is kinda hokey and maybe colapsing already. Next spring we will try to fab a metal line all the way from the brake booster to to the Modulator inside the trans and see if that helps.

The code, we would clear it and it would be alright until you started the car up and then it would come back right away. Could have been something with the resister but we are not sure. From what we could tell it had resistance. Like I said next spring we will play with it some more just want to drive it I am running out of time for driving it and racing up here in Minnesota.....

Thanks for the info......

Search this Thread