Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E Transmission Wont Go Into Gear

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 02:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4L60E Transmission Wont Go Into Gear

Heres the story, any help/info would be greatly appreciated!
-I bought a used 4L60E for my LS1 from a guy who said it was good (and I have no reason to believe he was lying) two months ago, and I finally get everything together last night (Its in a 1960 Imapala), start the car, put it in gear and nothing. The car wouldnt move, the actual selector on the transmission was moving, but it wouldnt go into gear. I pulled a cooler line and had no pressure, pulled the pan and the filter was in good and tight, no cracks anywhere. I have been asked if I put the converter in right, and as much as I want to hope I didnt, Im pretty sure I did. It slid in all the way (couldnt get my fingers between the front pump and the converter) and when I was tighting the converter bolts it did slide back out a little, so I figure it was right. Im thinking the front pump on it is bad, but could use a little insight from other members on what I could try. Thanks in advance for any advice!
Bryan
Old 09-20-2005, 09:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Won't move...

Sounds like either the converter is no good or the trans is bad. You didn't mention anything about the fluid that was in it or the color. The last time a 4L60e came in the shop that didn't move at all was a theft recovery and the trans had caught fire internally. You mentioned front pump as well...Good luck

Quick Reply: 4L60E Transmission Wont Go Into Gear