Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 vibration, 3rd gear only

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 08:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im gonna go out on a limb and guess u guys have a poly trans mounts , that being said yank em out and install a stock or aftrmkt rubber one in there and im bettin your vibrations are gone . i know cause i did it at the same time i did my trans , checked everything etc etc . guess what the poly dont give and is stiff unlike the stock one . either live with it or replace it .
Old 09-13-2011, 01:43 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Yes vibrations exsist in the drive train and trans. There is an excellent reason GM used the mounts they used on the engone and the trans and its not cost as in reality those stockmounts cost alot mre to produce than the poly mounts do. They made them strong enough yes but at the sametime they were made soft in order to dampen or isolate drive train vibration from chaisis. Add poly engine mounts you add alot couple that with poly trans mountsand well its can get really bad. The vibration being greater in third gear is simply because in that gear the entire drive train becomes straight through so all vibs are tranfers with exqual intensity .

Call 888-744-6542

Quick Reply: A4 vibration, 3rd gear only