Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E vent tube??

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4L60E vent tube??

What the heck does it look like?? I had the trans out for a shift kit and converter to be installed, but I had some guys helping me and one of them took it off, but now has some family issues to deal with out of town, so I can't contact him to ask him where in the hell he put it, so i'm also wondering if it even has to be on there??
Old 10-09-2005, 05:03 PM
TECH Resident

no it doesnt have to be connected to the exit tube, all its for is if it gets hot and pukes fluid it directs the spilage off to the side of the tranny, actually it usually goes all over the exhaust which is what the extra tube tries to detour from. tranny fluid if it gets hot enuff can catch on fire but it rarely happens, usually gets on ther smokes real bad and stains your exhaust a dark brown.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question 4L60E Vent Tube...

It's that little hose barb sticking out of the top of the tranny, right? Do we just need to put a short length of rubber tubing on there, hanging down over the side of the tranny? Or did/does it have a little check valve in it, to keep the dirt out? I always wondered about this my self. Thanks in advance, Gar
Old 10-09-2005, 07:15 PM
10 Second Club

i pulled mine out because the valve got clogged and my trans would spit fluid out of the dipstick at me . i wanted to burn my ******* car to the ground when it covered my face with hot trans fluid- disconnected it and no problems since, no spitting fluid at me.

you need a short length of rubber hose and there is some type of check valve on it followed by another length of hose that directs the overfill fluid (you'd need to overfill it alot however) away from the exhaust.

my unprofessional opinion is going to tell you- **** it it doesn't matter you don't need it.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:48 PM
10 Second Club

yep, dont really need it
Old 10-10-2005, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

LOL. Sounds good to me guys because the trans is all hooked up now, but now when I try to start the car it blows the 50 amp ingtion fuse??????????????????????????????

Quick Reply: 4L60E vent tube??