Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looks like I will be joining the ranks of the A3 club!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 02:44 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looks like I will be joining the ranks of the A3 club!

Yes its true, after only maybe 200 passes on the Level 2 4L60E, it **** the 3-4 on me! Damn stocker had nearly 800 when it went. So, no more Mr Nice Guy for me. Looking to do the A3, transbrake, RMVB, and finally get it done. Once I get settled, sometime next summer wherever that will be, I'll have to pick me up a spare A3 (TH350 or 400 not yet finalized the deal) so each year I can have it freshened up and not have any down time.
Since today is my anniversary I am trying to sweettalk the wife into a Moser 9" or comparable, I mean why go with a T-brake on a stock rearend right

See ya later A4, big launches are a comin'.

Charlie
Old 10-08-2005, 02:54 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine took a **** today as well. I think i am going with a glide though
Old 10-08-2005, 07:05 PM
Restricted User

Damn, tis the season for breakage! My buddy (Drew778) blew the spider gears out of his stock 10bolt last night on top all the other issues? Was it a full moon, or mid lunar cycle or some ****?
Looking for a Th350 or 400 LS1 Conversion setup, and a Moser or JB Fabbed 9"...
Old 10-08-2005, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Exclamation

I wonder how long it wil be before they figure out how to make these 4L60's live behind motors that make some power? They did it with the 200R4's in the TR/GN's! I know Rock On and a few other shops are having some success and I truely hope the trend continues and someone ake the bull by the horns and pushes the technology forward and figures out a way to do it without it costing a million dollars. I'm looking to work with a company on building me a 4L60 to live behind a pretty serious motor for next season. Anybody want to step up?

I didn't mean to post jack but a had to throw it out there some time!
Old 10-09-2005, 03:43 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by 02 Silver Z
I wonder how long it wil be before they figure out how to make these 4L60's live behind motors that make some power? They did it with the 200R4's in the TR/GN's! I know Rock On and a few other shops are having some success and I truely hope the trend continues and someone ake the bull by the horns and pushes the technology forward and figures out a way to do it without it costing a million dollars. I'm looking to work with a company on building me a 4L60 to live behind a pretty serious motor for next season. Anybody want to step up?

Rossler, I would consider a Company with an Excellent reputation, has already stepped up. Click on their site, top right corner has a link to I believe KoolRayz feedback for the 4L60E they built. I havent had **** but blown 3-4 clutches, no issues with the drum, pump or anything else...fricken weird. I just dont want to mess with it anymore, and really want to launch of the T-Brake/Harlan 2-Step/ Nitrous combo, which I am sure Rossler wont recommend the total combo.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damm thats the second one that took a crap on you.good luck brah! A3 sounds nice.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:17 PM
Restricted User

A3, 4000 stall, Trans Brake, RMVB, and later might add on GVOD, if I feel the need for mileage.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mdblackz28
I think i am going with a glide though
I'd stick with a good TH 400 and get the benefits of the extra gear. Your set-up should not need a glide.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 02 Silver Z

There are still some guys out there that are trying new things with the 700r4/4l60. I have one John Goebel's constant pressure/ constant flow 700's and am amazed at how quick and firm the shifts are. This thing hits third as hard as it does second. The best way to describe it is by calling it a 4spd powerglide