Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I will buy TransGo shift kit towmorow. Do u agree?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a shift kit basically doesnt allow the clutches in the trans to slip,therefor you get harder shifts. The reason a stock trans(in any car) shifts so smoothly is that from the factory its built to let the clutches slip allowing for a smooth shift. As you might have figured out slipping clutches will wear out faster and wasted time slipping rather than pushing the car forward. How much time is gained by not having the clutches slip is debatable and most likley you wont see an improvement at the track.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My mechanic installed my TG and Yank SS3600 at the same time...said he did it for the street/strip or middle application? The biggest quasi-uncomfortable thing I notice is that when it shifts down 3-2 when slowing up at an intersection...that shift is way hard. It will throw you forward with the 4.10s. My shift times need to be programmed for "shift time" It always takes ~ .5 sec to shift 2-3...something about TM has been mentioned but I don't understand it. Bottom line is that it shifts MUCH better than stock.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by andy1h2004
Also Steve C what's the diff. between your converter the Y3000 converter and a basic Stock one from the dearler. . .durability, power, etc?
The stock converter is a 1850 stall 1.6 STR. This link will explain it far better than I can:

http://www.converter.cc/faq/faq.htm

SteveC