Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E and MAF

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 03:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4L60E and MAF

Hey.. just outta of stupidity I stumbled across this.. I was doing the "fernco" (sp?) mod.. when I was done I forgot to plug the MAF and IAT sensors back in.. I took off driving and noticed it seemed like my car had a really firm shift kit.. the 1-2 shift was chirping the tires... so of course I pull over and plug them back in.. I would have noticed the SES light but its been on forever due to the !cats!.. So I guess I was in SD mode right?? My question is probably pretty dumb, but I will ask just to make sure my initial feelings are true.. I would assume even with the shifting (that I really enjoyed by the way) in SD mode, it would still hurt performance to leave the MAF unplugged.?? Even though the tranny feels awesome im sure its hurting some other asspect of performance.. just want to have you guys tell me im right..... right??
Old 12-28-2005, 08:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It went to limp mode! It will have more efficent power with it plugged up!Tranny would probably burn up if ya keep driving it like that!I think the MAF has a influenice on how it shifts! By ya a shift kit and be happy!