Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those with the MEGAMAX XSTREME 4L60E in here PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 07:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Those with the MEGAMAX XSTREME 4L60E in here PLEASE

I have read thier advertisement on ebay and don't know what to think. I even search ls1tech to find out more about MegaMax Transmissions but cannot find any feedback. Anyone with these trannys should post up about your experiences or anyone that knows about these guys, please post up. Thanks

Last edited by Ragtop 99; 12-31-2005 at 04:38 PM. Reason: links to non-sponsors
Old 12-30-2005, 08:08 PM
TECH Resident

-Very large billet servos are a no-no in the 4l60e, do a search and you'll find out why.

-Looks like they expect you to use your own bellhousing and tailshaft.

-I don't see anything that mentions vaccuum modulation. For the price they are charging (roughly 1225 minus core, verter, and shipping; sans bellhousing and tail shaft), it should at least be vac modulated.

Do yourself a favor and call Dave at Rock-On. He's in Krum, TX and will hook you up with what you're looking for. A link to his site is in my sig. I can tell you from personal experience that his customer service is TOP NOTCH. His trans comes ready to bolt in (you still have to transfer some brackets and the speed sensor from your old tranny though). My tranny was 1965 shipped to MI COMPLETE.
Old 12-31-2005, 04:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd talk to FLP or Rock-On. Lots of poeple here can vouch for them. Otherwise, buy local where you can easily get warranty service.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Teching In

Thumbs down

yea! i bought one of those trannys from megamax. the add was pretty well written. at least to me ,cause i did,nt know very much adout these 4l60e at the3 time, it cost me 1250.00 got it within 1 month, i installed the trans myself, seemed to work o.k. at first, but i had an oil leak i could'nt pin down ,so i gave theme a call. he said after some talking that the pump seal was bad and needed replaced. this was a brand new tranny , wtf!! he said i could send it back to be fix or do it myself, well the choice was obvious considering were 2000 miles apart. so in and out. few weeks later it blew i had to send it back then barley got home pulled off the pan and there was a bolt from the valve body laying in the bottom, wtf!! so i pulled it, then shipped it , well i just got it back today. trying to install it and noticed that the coolant line fittings on the tranny were bigger the the line fittings , wtf!! called to find out why and he said that the 4l60e fitting are different size than 700-r4 .?? i still have my old trans so i just swapped fittings. btw, i was told there would be a 3 day turn around when they received my burned up trans , i got it 2 1/2 months later so much for a yr warrenty all together i have 1500 miles on that trans and im putting it in for the 3rd time. if i were you i would shop someplace else
Old 01-28-2006, 07:22 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nitenshinarmor
I have read thier advertisement on ebay and don't know what to think. I even search ls1tech to find out more about MegaMax Transmissions but cannot find any feedback. Anyone with these trannys should post up about your experiences or anyone that knows about these guys, please post up. Thanks
Ebay and high performace, that just sounds scary! Never heard off them! My vote is for FLT!! www.finishlinetrans.com 1-630-350-7776. They are also running a 15% off special at this time. Give them a call I know they can help you.