Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

getting a "T" brake in MY 4l60e

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 09:10 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default getting a "T" brake in MY 4l60e

It will be a couple more weeks untill its done (not in a hurry as I look out the window and see the snow ) but Rossler has my tranny and is installing a trans brake in it. This is basicaly the same design that is in Mike Browns 4l80e Mike used it all last year. You can go to his website and find some basic info but you really need to call him for the full scoop. If i read the website correctly it will work in almost ANY (read front wheel drive) gm transmision
I have to get a switch and run a 12 volt hotwire to the brake, Ill hook it up to the input on my NX maximizer so it will work in conjuction with the brake
Rossler is not a site sponsor so dont ask or PM me asking for prices or contact info. He has a website you can find it. This post is only for technical information. My only interest is to talk about a product that is not available through any site sponsors
Old 01-16-2006, 11:18 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting. I was under the impression you couldn't do one in a 4l60e. I might have to look into this.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:29 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep us posted on how it works for you.

I talked to Rossler back in Aug. about getting a T-brake for my 4l60e and he said there were some legal/patent things he had to work out, but then it would be ready for sale. I told him to put me 1st on his list and give me a call when they are for sale. He never called me though
Old 01-16-2006, 12:34 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have had them for 6.5 years and you get about 3-6 runs before the input shaft twists out of the drum or snaps

the trans is just too weak for this
Old 01-17-2006, 01:07 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Koolrayz, I figured it was you. I cant help but to think the outcome wont be that promising once its hit pretty hard, like a heavy nitrous launch or similar. Seeing how many 60E's blow with bolt-ons etc, and having already been through a built to the hilt 60E myself, I will be waiting on standby. I am running a Rossler TH350 w/ brake, and although I haven't launched off the juice yet, the damn thing is violent as hell on just NA, cant imagine the A4 taking hits like that for long at all. Please do keep up posted.