Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny question

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 08:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny question

Problem with my tranny are atleast I think so.
If I put it in 1st manualy and run up to 30mph and let off of it. It is like it is a manual the RPM's fall back down to ideal but the motor is still tached because when I mash the gas agin the RPM's have to get back up to 3500 are so before it starts pulling agin. Acts like it has a stall but if it does the only one I could think of would be a TCI saturdy night special wich is like a 1600-1800 stall. I could have swore when I got like 3-4 weeks after I got it. It didnt do that if you put it in to first it woul hold up their and gradually fall back down as the car was slowing down. Any info are ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 01-15-2006, 01:32 AM
Staging Lane

anybody got an idea?
Old 01-15-2006, 01:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If ya got it in mannual first it will do like a manual if ya left off the gas it will slow quicker but I'm really not certain what ya sayin but if ya got it in any gear shifting manually if will seam as how a manual does but still a auto!
Old 01-15-2006, 02:20 AM
Staging Lane

Its like you have it in gear and push in the clutch it drops that fast. Where as most autos I have been in are manual for that matter you feel the pressure pulling you down slow but mines not like that. Any ideas?
Old 01-15-2006, 02:28 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could give a good guess its had to figure something out because.You'd have to be there I guess but if it doesn't slip or hit the rev while shifting I wouldn't worry about it!I have a 4k stall and it still has a little engine braking affect on decel!Only thing I really worry about myself as noted is slip and staying out of the rev limiter! But some convertor may be looser than others so one not slowing quick could be normal! You could ask the prev owner if it had a stall but I'm sure someone would tell ya if it had one at the sell!