Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"That car's hot, man... oh wait, too bad it's an Auto..."

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 12:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get a stall some sticky tires and some spray then race those people that ask why you got the a-4.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:23 AM
11 Second Club

When I was in highschool, I used to get crap about it from random redneck kids. This one kid was like "Oh man, that's a sweet car I bet it really moves....." "....oh wait nevermind it's an automatic"...

I took him for a ride and scared the crap out of him. "HOLY **** YOU JUST SPUN THE TIRES AT 40MPH!>!?!??!"
Old 01-16-2006, 01:25 AM
9 Second Club

I love hearing that...then I ask em if they want to line up
Old 01-16-2006, 01:33 AM
TECH Resident

The auto thing helps if you really want to people though. Everyone underestemates
what a stalled A4 can do
Old 01-16-2006, 02:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell, my stock LT1 C4 Coupe is faster than 99% of the cars that the idiots who say "its an auto, that sucks" are driving... Us M6 drag racers have lots of respect for our A4 brothers and sisters.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:57 AM
Board Certified Idiot

Ppl who say A4s are slow. Usualy means they do not Know about ANYTHING about CARS/MODS. I generaly think they let the FUN factor you can get in a M6 allow them to think its faster then a a4 . My Last car was a M6 Was fun to drive around But after awhile it became more of a hassle then FUN tired of having to shift.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:39 AM
Launching!

As said before...autos for the strip, manuals for the street/road course.

Personally I fall into the latter category, so I bought a M6.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

M6 cars are a blast to drive plain and simple, and everybody thinks they are "The best driver around", therefore they look down upon the A4. Like almost everyone else said, use this mindset as an advantage. I could name off 10 people that think they can outdrive everybody, but are **** poor drivers....all of which would probably say the same thing when they walked up to an A4 car. I give respect where its due, and when it came to making my car as fast as it could be for the money I had...I swapped the T56 out for a stalled A4...
Old 01-16-2006, 10:57 AM
11 Second Club

At the track, all I hear is..."oh, its just an auto." Then when they see my auto run, they have to know whats in it. B/c they cant believe I just wasted a M6 w/ more mods .

If you notice too, guys who dont own Camaros/Firebirds look down on the them if they're not a SS or WS6. "Its just a Z28". Yeah, ok......until they see a Z whoop up on a SS. I guess they dont realize SS/WS6 means you pay few extra grand for some SLP stuff and nicer wheels. I'm not talkin crap on the SS/WS6 guys....I love the way they look. Its just the guys who dont own a F-body think theres a HUGE difference esp. in performance.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NICKZ28
At the track, all I hear is..."oh, its just an auto." Then when they see my auto run, they have to know whats in it. B/c they cant believe I just wasted a M6 w/ more mods .

If you notice too, guys who dont own Camaros/Firebirds look down on the them if they're not a SS or WS6. "Its just a Z28". Yeah, ok......until they see a Z whoop up on a SS. I guess they dont realize SS/WS6 means you pay few extra grand for some SLP stuff and nicer wheels. I'm not talkin crap on the SS/WS6 guys....I love the way they look. Its just the guys who dont own a F-body think theres a HUGE difference esp. in performance.

You also left off hardtop cars, people seem to think if you have a hardtop then it is a v6.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:11 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Spdmini
You also left off hardtop cars, people seem to think if you have a hardtop then it is a v6.
I'm surprised no one really bothers me about that, since mine is a hardtop Z28. I should take the Z28 badges off to mess with people more. Most wont notice that Z28 hardtops are all black compared to a V6 which is painted.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

yeah ur always gonna have critics bro so when people tell me that crap i just stall up and that shuts them up pretty quick.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:25 PM
TECH Addict

don't take this in the wrong way, but how much power is lost in the in the a4 as compared to the m6's? don't get mad b/c im agreeing with you, i have a manual but i got it b/c it's fun to drive, yes drag racing the autos would be better unless there is a really good driver? don't come bashing me now....lol
Old 01-16-2006, 06:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99camarosupersport
don't take this in the wrong way, but how much power is lost in the in the a4 as compared to the m6's? don't get mad b/c im agreeing with you, i have a manual but i got it b/c it's fun to drive, yes drag racing the autos would be better unless there is a really good driver? don't come bashing me now....lol
A good converter will make up for the power lost in the form of torque multiplication. It might be fun shifting gears, but I like my stall.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:40 PM
11 Second Club

I agree. Another thing -- my freind has an LS1 SS. We saw a WS6 one day and the dumbshit thought it would absolutely KILL his SS. I then explained to him that they're equal in performance...

People are stupid.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MattZ28
I agree. Another thing -- my freind has an LS1 SS. We saw a WS6 one day and the dumbshit thought it would absolutely KILL his SS. I then explained to him that they're equal in performance...

People are stupid.
inform him quick, or take his ls1 away until he learns more
Old 01-16-2006, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

When I was 14 I thought the same thing! I awlays thought an SS was faster than a Z28 but now I know better
Old 01-16-2006, 07:44 PM
TECH Junkie

when i catch **** from m6 guys...or ppl in general that hassle me, i simply ask them what they 60 and how much money it took.

stall converters
Old 01-16-2006, 08:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Manual transmissions impress high school kids, automatics win races.......screw the high school kids
I know, my first "street race" was with a bolt on 5.0LX. Now I was pretty sure I was going to win but you never know and I didn't wanna get cocky. So he says: "is it a stick or auto?" So I tell him auto and he is trying really hard to hold back laughter. Well we went and ined up and he never even got to my fender. It was on the highway so of course I get the flyby (I shut off at the top of 3rd) and got off at the next exit and I saw this huge dust cloud and him getting out and pounding on his hood

Later from I heard from his friend that he didn't even wanna race cause it was an auto and he THOUGHT would be wasting his time!!
Old 01-17-2006, 02:52 AM
12 Second Club

People used to give me crap about my auto... than I cut better times than some cammed M6 guys and that was the end of that.

Quick Reply: "That car's hot, man... oh wait, too bad it's an Auto..."