Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ROCK, FLT, or Rossler...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 11:57 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm running a Rossler 4L60E also and it is solid. If you have a problem with it, he will make it right..trust me. Keep in mind the 4L60Es can be over powered so you have to be realistic about the transmission choice. A 1500 RWHP turbo car is going to eat through a 4L60E so if the vehicle application is reasonable he will stand behind it.

Mine is holding up great behind our 383 stroker and the 408 will be really be putting it to the test.

Good luck!!
Old 02-18-2006, 01:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

spoke to the vnce at FLT and got an interest for there 4l80e, stage 5 trans.

I might say that he was as cool as possible and very inclined to helpout. Even talked about other car junk.

Their stage 5 4l80e is the same one that is behind parishes turbo'd 408ci street terror....so it might be a good investment to move away from the 60e and head towards the 80e series trans...it is a th400 with a o/d.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dear John
I hope you're joking!

Carl Rossler didn't get the great reputation he has by not warrantying his work.

6 months? Ha, try 12!

Get a clue and at least call the shop you're bashing to get some CORRECT info before you start making false accusations.

I'm a satisfied Rossler customer.
I called the shop and talked to him direct you lame brain. I was shopping for trans, and I wanted his, so I called up there and talked to Carl Rossler, and he himself told me there was no warranty. I'm goin by what HE said. Now having said that, this time period was around a couple of years ago...thus my statement that there was no warranty the last I checked.
If he has changed his policy then maybe he should post it on his website, instead of letting us find out through smartasses like you.

Try talking to this forum's members next time before you get a 'tude, and start making smart *** comments, and maybe you'll be a little more informed and won't have to look like such an idiot.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:22 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Love your post. I believe in some cases you just can't warranty it. Sounds like he was scared and really didn't want to touch it with a warranty. There are alot of good 60's out there but depending on vehicle mods they just don't have a chance. That's really when we have to look "bigger and badder".TH400's and 4l80's seem to be the solution when you just got too much horsepower for the 60. Well don't know much about the current warranty with Rossler or Rock-on. FLT(www.finishlinetrans.com) does warranty their units for 6 months. And their coustomer service is top shelf.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:37 AM
Sweet Cheeks

Originally Posted by black 2001Vette,Nightmare
I called the shop and talked to him direct you lame brain. I was shopping for trans, and I wanted his, so I called up there and talked to Carl Rossler, and he himself told me there was no warranty. I'm goin by what HE said. Now having said that, this time period was around a couple of years ago...thus my statement that there was no warranty the last I checked.
If he has changed his policy then maybe he should post it on his website, instead of letting us find out through smartasses like you.

Try talking to this forum's members next time before you get a 'tude, and start making smart *** comments, and maybe you'll be a little more informed and won't have to look like such an idiot.
Call him today. He has a 12 month warranty on his 60s. A lot of things change in "a couple of years".

Technology has progressed over the last "couple of years" and perhaps parts weren't as good as they are now that long ago.

PS - We Chicago boys might be coming down to Texas this year. I'd love to take your money, I mean race you.

Intersted? PM me.

Carry on.
Old 02-18-2006, 12:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

HA! HA! I think your car is slow Chicago-boy. PM me and we'll talk titles for a Spring meet ... gonna' be in your area soon with paperwork.

GO FLT

Last edited by JEB99TA; 02-18-2006 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02-18-2006, 04:52 PM
Sweet Cheeks

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
HA! HA! I think your car is slow Chicago-boy. PM me and we'll talk titles for a Spring meet ... gonna' be in your area soon with paperwork.

GO FLT
PM sent to Brain Spilner himself.

Titles. I like paper.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:56 AM
TECH Addict

... and I like your car.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:59 AM
TECH Addict

You can't go wrong with FLT ... and Rock-on/Rossler are proven products. Good luck in your decision.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cablebandit
f-man-ss is not the quickest shifting tranny in the batch
now i'm not the quickest shifting tranny in the batch? LOL i just posted a response from a member question. you might want to get a life. i don't think your opinions count for much. if you seem to know it all why don't you build your own transmissions?

where's the moderator now? LOL
Old 02-20-2006, 06:49 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 02-20-2006, 08:01 AM
9 Second Club

I was wrong Frank. You are a genious. I rescind my offer in your other thread to look over your tune...won't have time as I will be busy getting a life.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:45 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by black 2001Vette,Nightmare

Haha, I know, right. Some people are quick to jump on people's cases like that.

Chuck at FLP does great work. There are plenty of quick cars out there with his transmissions and their customer service is second to none. I recommend them to everyone who goes through our shop.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:16 PM
On The Tree

I was wrong Frank. You are a genious. I rescind my offer in your other thread to look over your tune...won't have time as I will be busy getting a life.

congratulations!! last time i took your advice it cost me $500 to switch to hp tuners & the rock on transmission you swear by still dosen't work
Old 02-20-2006, 09:24 PM
9 Second Club

the world is out to get you Frank...look at your posts on this site.......you are a shining light in the night!!
Old 02-21-2006, 12:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

I doubt that Frank will figure out that his problems really aren't in his transmission until right after he spends another thousand or two on another transmission, from another company, that does the same exact thing his last few have done.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:31 PM
On The Tree

the world is out to get you Frank...look at your posts on this site.......you are a shining light in the night!!
well lets see i did check the posts i guess i missed something? you still haven't answered my question. what other advice you got? i spent the $500 on the tuning you suggested that didn't fix the problem. so i guess it's still the tuning?

as far as spending several thousand on another trans. that ain't a problem. this rock on piece i got never worked after it was rebuilt the first time. if it was quality stuff like you cheerleaders seem to think it is i wouldn't be here bitchen. you girls need to adjust your skirts & take your pom poms to another thread
Old 02-21-2006, 09:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by F-MAN-SS
where's the moderator now? LOL
I'm here and I guess I have to close this one. E-mail is a great thing. You can exchange barbs with Cablebandit on that and not waste everyone's time.

Quick Reply: ROCK, FLT, or Rossler...