Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuddle 32-3400 VS. Yank SS4000 results

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 04:57 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Charlie
Yank hand builds every converter one at a time for the car and mods supplied to us we do not have on the shelf converters,as we are a true custom prototype design and manufacturing center. ( all converters are matched to the car or trucks mods we even make custom internals when needed to arrive at the asked for stall speeds)
and the eff. can be altered by the builder by the use of hand selected matched parts for the customer's needs.
the SS converter allows use of Nitrous but for large shot at low RPM's off the line a Pro Yank might be a better choice in it's 3600 nitrous rated stall as low speed drivabilty is much improved with it's slightly larger dia.
Low RPM launches tend to build very high cyl. pressures that will not be friendly to your head gaskets, you might look at the Cometic type
Hope all works out for you.
Mike
Old 03-14-2006, 09:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

which is how i bought mine. called roger vinci, he talked with mike senia about what i had and what my end result was going to be down the road. and voila, i have the PY3400E in my car. not that someone else can't buy the same PY3400E for their car. if you want the right one, you call and talk over what your plans are. then you'll get the one that's right for you. their converter selector on their page is a nice guide to go by as well, if you are to shy to talk to a person.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:27 AM
Restricted User

Mike... please dont take this wrong, but I would have to say that although you do make custom stalls, there are plenty of Yanks sitting on shelves, maybe not yours but I'd love to show you the Yank 3000 stall I bought a couple years ago, off the shelf from a "Yank Dealer" and performance shop here. I found out two years later after selling it, when the new owner wanted it rebuilt it wasnt even sold to me as new and was already rebuilt. So there are Yanks sitting on shelves, true or not? And when I call a sponsor on here, the Yank TC's they sell are going to be custom built to my cars spec's? I highly doubt that happens everytime. Matter of fact, I dont recall the last few Yanks sold to Hawaii residence being "custom ordered" for their cars.

I loved my Yank, dont get me wrong, it was an awesome TC. I love my Fuddle's also. I personally dont care what fricken brand it is, as long it does what its supposed to. I am sure that Andrew will get his car together and hopefully be the first LSx in the State of Hawaii to get a 9sec run. If not, I am sure he will break more **** trying.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:19 AM
FormerVendor

We sell alot of converters and that is only one reason that we do not sell to dealers anymore.
Fact is we build every converter to to specs supplied to us and if little is sent we build it to the basic engine car combo.
Yank has had dealers buy converters for resale but we end up reworking them for the customer as they some times sold the wrong item.
We have even seen our converters sold as new after being run at the track or on the street!
again good luck

Mike
Old 03-15-2006, 10:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by CAT3
No offense guy, but I think your not really understanding the whole issue here. You need to understand that Yank doesnt make TC off the shelf for your HP and his etc. They are off the shelf and have a broader spectrum of power rating than some others may have. Also, If your launching at a higher than rated rpm on motor, I personally would not want to try launching on a fair amount of nitrous, as it WILL blow past the rpm you launched at NA, thats a fact (unless the converter is specifically built for large shots of nitrous, which if it were, and it was stalling that far beyond NA it would be noted as TC that exceeded its usable life).
Do you use nitrous? Do you know that the lower the RPM the more torque it builds? Do you know some ppl set their heavy *** cars up for higher torque at lower rpm launches for a reason? Efficiency has little to do with the builder period. It has to do with the internal components of the TC, bottom line. You can alter the pitch of the blades and the TC will act totally different, change the sizing of the impeller or vanes, etc etc, just cause it has XXXXXXXX name on it doesnt mean ****. If it did, then everyone would have a Yank. FWIW I used to own a Yank, and have installed a few, to include the one just removed from Andrew's car, so I have some experience with them. Have a nice day.

Oh lest I forget, yes time can effect the results. You dont see how? Try launch technique, effects of DA, tuning and general seat time.

Charlie
Wow! Not trying to start a fight here but I feel like you didn't understand my post.

Think about the TC as an isolated system. The tune doesn't effect the TC's efficency or how well the TC runs as the number of trials increases. We are talking about an internal issue. Think about it as if you put the converter on a converter dyno and you tested it to see if it ran better as the # of hours under operation increased. That is what I don't see as happening. Basically, I am saying if it slowed him up that much, then I don't think anything he could do with his new setup would make him faster than before.

The eff % is determined by the knowledge of the builder as well as the parts! TC's don't have one magic clearance that works with everything. Not all builders just bend blade and crap weld them together. A lot of knowledge going into knowing the combos and checking the tolerances on each part. The tolerances have to be different in each TC to slightly fine tune to each customer. You have to have experience on that welder. You have to be good at brazing. It has to be all perfect and an inexperienced builder could allow things to go wrong therefore reducing the eff % of the converter.

Secondly, Yank doesn't just pick converters off the shelf and send them out. The converter is started when you order. I should know. I had one. If they did shelf orders only everyone would get theirs in just 2 days.

But it is all my 2 cents and not the final word.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

The same goes for VIG from PI.
I sent a 1 page questionaire to them and this is how my TC was built.

Try ordering one from Neal Chance
You better know all the specs of your motor / drivetrain combo.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:09 PM
10 Second Club

OK, I have new times, it's been raining all week and the track sucked, I'd spin off the line hook and start spinning again after the suspension unloaded.

(Changes on these runs is 3/4 tank instead of 1/4 and I removed my FTRA, had my stock 17's instead of skinnies, and removed rearsection of catback)

1.727 7.669 90.21 12.045 112.49
1.754 7.605 92.01 11.927 113.59
1.669 7.500 92.01 11.809 113.89
1.680 7.534 91.63 11.851 113.89
1.676 7.496 92.56 11.802 113.90

Next Saturday is the last time I'll be able to run before our track shuts down.

On a side note, going to the Fuddle my gas mileage improved a lot, with the Yank I'd only get around 50 miles from full to 3/4 and 160-170 per tank (from full to 1/4).

Now with the Fuddle I got 86 miles form full to 3/4 been driving hard trying to burn gas for the track, now with 130 miles and 4 runs, it's just under 1/2 tank

Last edited by Drew778; 03-19-2006 at 06:36 PM.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

so now with the new runs how would you rank this cheaper stall against the bigger one?
Old 03-19-2006, 11:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Might want some more data before anyone makes final judgement.

Where you running the stock suspension?
Old 03-19-2006, 11:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by slimcracka
so now with the new runs how would you rank this cheaper stall against the bigger one?

For everyday driving a 9 out of 10, for the track 7 out of 10, and for MPG 10 out of 10

The Yank SS 4000 was awsome for the track, but sucked for DD ang mpg.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:59 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed
Might want some more data before anyone makes final judgement.

Where you running the stock suspension?

I have rear HALs set at 3, Spohn LCA's, SFC's, Wolf 6 point rollbar, reamove front sway bar.

I just added BMR bolt-on LCA relocation bracket the same time as the Fuddle.

The weather here has been really bad lately, raining everyday
Old 03-20-2006, 04:33 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
I'm able to cut the times in my sig on a VIG 3200.
With a smaller stall and nitrous, a proportioning valve is a great asset to be able to brake stall closer to actual stall flashing point.
I cut 1.4x on 150 dry
I'm late to the party, but a vigilante 3200 is hardly a 3200 rpm coverter. 3800 is more like it on a stock motor LS1. With a cam and all the usual boltons, mine flash stalls around 4000, as shown by the dyno...it was flashing around 4300 on nitrous.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by flyin red TA
I'm late to the party, but a vigilante 3200 is hardly a 3200 rpm coverter. 3800 is more like it on a stock motor LS1. With a cam and all the usual boltons, mine flash stalls around 4000, as shown by the dyno...it was flashing around 4300 on nitrous.
I haven't seen it on a dyno, I go by what I see on the tach, and we all know how slow it is.
I like it that's for sure.

Quick Reply: Fuddle 32-3400 VS. Yank SS4000 results