Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Free Mod - Firmer shifts for A4's??? OPINIONS???

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2002, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Free Mod - Firmer shifts for A4's??? OPINIONS???

Some guy just posted this on LS1.com.
Any guess on this and what will the Torque Management do with it?
His post-
Firmer Shifts-A4.. FREEEE MOD!!!
Put this one in the free mod section...... While talking to a friend of mine about my tranny problems he advised me to change the fluid and there is a solinoid on the back of the passenger side that has an electrical conector on it. Take the connector off, and there is a cap that has 3 bolts on it right behind the solinoid remove this but be careful and don't flip it over (components may fall out, bad thing) take a star head socket and tighten the screw in the middle of the solinoid only about an 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn, but make sure not to tighten anymore than that or it could cause some tranny problems. put everything back on and you will notice a big difference in your shifts. Turn a little and you'll tel a little bit of difference, turn a little less than 1/4 of a turn and it'll bark em pretty good when the gears change. I did mine about 1/8 of a turn and it is right on the edge of breaking the tires loose. I think i need some sub-frame connectors now!

By the way this info was provided by a Tranny Shop owner.
Old 04-12-2002, 01:04 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: Free Mod - Firmer shifts for A4's??? OPINIONS???

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by WILWAXU:
<strong>hmm.. I would talk to a reputable trans guys before attempting anything like that.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep, that's why I posted over here. Trying to get feed back from the old pro's.
He included a diagram, but I can't cut and paste it. The part is in the pan.
Old 04-13-2002, 12:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm.. I would talk to a reputable trans guys before attempting anything like that.
Old 04-13-2002, 12:44 AM
Teching In

that is the pressure regulator for the line pressure. you just increased the line pressure so it should shift harder nothing wrong with doing it.But he is right no more than 1/4 turn or you'll start blowing lines and selinoids.You can always use SFC they are a great add on for a stock car stiffens up the car alot.Its like putting in a shift from B&M but don't do this if you already have a shift kit.

<small>[ April 12, 2002, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: Scott-733 ]</small>
Old 04-13-2002, 01:08 AM
TECH Resident

Does the same thing as raising line pressure with a hypertech. I remember somebody posting about this on LS1.com back in the day, but instead you had to change something in the wiring.