Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e billet output and input shafts.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 06:52 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e billet output and input shafts.

i was holding off anouncing these products until my banner was put up here and now it is so id like to inform some on a few new items for the 4l60e.output and input shaft breakage is common on 4l60e transmissions at high power levels.this is because of the oil passages center and cross drilled in both shafts making them weak and creating stress areas that result in cracks and parts failure.we originally produced this part for the 4wdrive and all heel drive 4l60 unit as it had a large failure rate at power levels slightly beyond stock especiaaly with aggressive shift calibrations needed to reduce band and clutch slippage.we now have produced it for the 4l60e and 4l65e as well as 05 corvette and gto.the shaft is made from e4340 steel and heat treated to a 50 rockwell rendering it unbreakable.i also am producing them for the 4l60 / 700r4 with the governer drive gear also present on the shaft if a governor type set up is used.the output shafts are readily available and the input shafts should be completed in 2 weeks.also these shafts are produced in house and machined on a 5 axes haas cnc machine allowing us to control tolerances and quality.i am currently re organizing my 4l60e page and by this wednesday it will be ready for you too view our extensive line of custom made internal components.these components were designed by us here at ckperformance.com.those who have followed us along know of our 38 element direct drum and sprag assemblies for the 350 400 and AOD,our exclusive design transbrake valve bodies that are completely and originally our own designs,billet 2004r input and output shafts, forward drum,8 pinion planets,billet overdrive planet,and aode to chevy hybrid transmission etc.our main goal is to produce superior quality parts, custom ratio planetary sets(including the one and only 2.66 first gear 4l60e)transmissions and torque converters that are of our own design rather than copies.i hope all find our presence here useful and informative .please feel free to direct any technical qs you may have to us .
Old 09-19-2014, 09:04 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a feeling I am going to need an outputshaft like this on my C6 Corvette. Taking off from a light yesterday, I heard a nose, pulled into corner gas station, and trans fluid was dumping out from the back of the car. Fluid leaking from joint between back of trans and the diff. Car will not roll backwards in reverse or neutral
Old 09-21-2014, 03:12 PM

Received 390 Likes on 299 Posts

Your C6 uses the 6L80E trans. I don't know if its output shaft is a weak point, but I cannot find any mention of a billet output shaft being available, only intermediate shafts.
Have you decided who is going to rebuild your trans?
Old 09-22-2014, 09:12 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mrvedit
Your C6 uses the 6L80E trans. I don't know if its output shaft is a weak point, but I cannot find any mention of a billet output shaft being available, only intermediate shafts.
Have you decided who is going to rebuild your trans?
I have a 2005 C6 with the 4l60. It was an RPM level V that lasted 363 days and only 6k miles. The trans cased cracked at the rear. Outputshaft looks ok from outside...
Old 09-22-2014, 09:28 AM

Received 390 Likes on 299 Posts

RPM gives excellent customer service; so contact them. Both RPM and FLT have billet output shafts available as an option, although they are standard on their highest level transmissions. They might be a shortage of billet output shafts right now.
Keep us posted on your progress.

Quick Reply: 4l60e billet output and input shafts.