Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission Mount Replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 11:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Mount Replacement?

Today my car started to make a Loud Clunking from Acceleration in first gear. After doing a bunch of reading, I decided it was the transmission mount. I'm going to climb under it tomorrow to confirm, but I want to order one ASAP.

I was wondering if anyone had some additional information on which one would be best, and where to get it from?

I'm looking into the Energy Suspension mounts which seem to be much stronger, but also have additional cabin noise due to ridgity. And I've also heard that the 1LE and Stock LS1 Tranny Mounts are stronger than the LT1, and don't have much additional noise. Basically some info and advice would be nice, I'm planning on ordering from a sponsor tomorrow.

Thanks in Advance .
Old 05-10-2006, 12:19 AM
TECH Regular

Get an energy suspension polyurethane mount. All the talk about additional cabin noise is bullshit. I got one after the 2nd time my stock mount broke and there is no difference in feeling/noise/vibration/etc. Also some people will try and tell you they dont fit our cars, but mine went in no problem. I believe tbyrne.com sells them for 25.
Old 05-10-2006, 04:58 AM
TECH Addict

I went with Prothane for mine and it was about the same price. No additional noise though it developed a bad vibration over 60-65mph. I will be working on that soon. City driving is unaffected though.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:29 AM
Staging Lane

I tried the prothane mount first and the vibration at 65 was so bad it hurt your ears. I have an Energy suspension mount now and like it a lot. I notice a little more engine feel in the seats but it is much better than my broken stock mount. I read the energy was a little more soft than the prothane.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the information guys, kinda tuff decision to make... but I'm gonna be ordering one of them for sure. .
Old 05-10-2006, 01:04 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Renegade
Thanks for the information guys, kinda tuff decision to make... but I'm gonna be ordering one of them for sure. .
Its not that hard of a decision to make. Prothane is just going to be overkill. There is no way you will break the ES polyurethane mount, and it wont have any vibration or additional cabin noise
Old 05-11-2006, 11:21 AM
TECH Resident

I just did ES tranny mount and tq arm mount and have hella vibration over 2500rpm.

Last edited by Uno99; 05-11-2006 at 11:21 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-11-2006, 12:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Uno99
I just did ES tranny mount and tq arm mount and have hella vibration over 2500rpm.

I had same problem even after grinding the humps off so I went with a factory one and problem went away I'll never use a ES again tried it twice with same results but I might have a drive line problem I dont know about.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:29 PM
10 Second Club

i'm thinking the problem would lie in the mount. i was riding around on a bad stock mount and it was bang and knock and vibrate pretty badly. Well my brand new ES mount would vibrate the crap out of the car so bad that it pulled one of the mount bolts out!

Quick Reply: Transmission Mount Replacement?