Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans Mount Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 11:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans Mount Help

I need a poly trans mount for my 98 z28 with 4l60e trans.. i cant find a fractory poly... Will the universal GM poly trans mount bolt up or do i have to cut my crossmember, or drill new holes? If so, does anyone have the PN for the uni.??? I would also like to know if I can make my old factory mount solid??? thanks
Old 05-22-2006, 11:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

you dont have to cut anything. ENS-3-1108G from summit $20.95
Old 05-22-2006, 11:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You can get one of the energy suspension poly mounts. But your car will be very loud and you will pick up a lot of road noise since the stock rubber one really absorbs a lot of the noise. A lot of people get the 1le one since it is a bit stronger than the stock rubber peice but is still rubber. I went through a bunch of tranny mounts in my old 94 LT1 auto and just couldnt deal with the polly one. I would stick with the rubber one as the noise will probably drive you nuts.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default thanks

Originally Posted by stevemilz
you dont have to cut anything. ENS-3-1108G from summit $20.95
thanks for the help steve
Old 05-22-2006, 11:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 98Blubrd
You can get one of the energy suspension poly mounts. But your car will be very loud and you will pick up a lot of road noise since the stock rubber one really absorbs a lot of the noise. A lot of people get the 1le one since it is a bit stronger than the stock rubber peice but is still rubber. I went through a bunch of tranny mounts in my old 94 LT1 auto and just couldnt deal with the polly one. I would stick with the rubber one as the noise will probably drive you nuts.
could u explain the 1le mount... I heard about the vib/noise that the poly one makes, a friend has a 94 and it makes some noise, but his stock factory mount is different than mine..
Old 05-22-2006, 12:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I never intalled a 1le mount but always heard about it. If I remeber correctly SLP had put them on the SS's & Firehawks. From what I remembered they were supposed to be made of a bit harder rubber than the factory GM mount which made it a bit stronger (still rubber though). I just kept going with the stock rubber ones cuz it only takes about 10 minutes to swap out and couldnt stand the noise from the polly one. I think I went through maybe 4 of them the whole time I had the car (didnt seem to bad to me to have to change a mount every 6-8 months). Its all up to you which one you go with. I definately think the polly one will last 100 times longer than any rubber one but its just a matter of if you cant stand the noise/vibration. Sorry I dont have more info about the 1le mount I looked at SLP's site and couldnt find it.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default mounts suck

Originally Posted by 98Blubrd
I never intalled a 1le mount but always heard about it. If I remeber correctly SLP had put them on the SS's & Firehawks. From what I remembered they were supposed to be made of a bit harder rubber than the factory GM mount which made it a bit stronger (still rubber though). I just kept going with the stock rubber ones cuz it only takes about 10 minutes to swap out and couldnt stand the noise from the polly one. I think I went through maybe 4 of them the whole time I had the car (didnt seem to bad to me to have to change a mount every 6-8 months). Its all up to you which one you go with. I definately think the polly one will last 100 times longer than any rubber one but its just a matter of if you cant stand the noise/vibration. Sorry I dont have more info about the 1le mount I looked at SLP's site and couldnt find it.
With the shift kit i got the rubber ones dont last a month... Or a few passes down the quarter mile......
Old 05-22-2006, 01:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Bahahaha

Just Call Me A Trans Mount Killer>>>>> Lol
Old 05-22-2006, 01:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I must have gotten lucky I had a pretty nasty shift kit in my old 94 and the tranny mounts still lasted quite a while. Sounds like you might just be forced to deal with a polly mount or at least for the track.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:11 PM
TECH Addict

At what point do you guys start breaking them?

I'm getting tired of mine and would like to go back to rubber.