Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone try CK Performance Racing Transmissions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 11:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone try CK Performance Racing Transmissions?

I was just curious if anyone has any experience with this sponsor. My car is at his shop as I write this and so far I have nothing but good things to say. Chris is a top notch guy to deal with and has earned my respect and business in getting me out of a real jam above and beyond what would be expected of any business. He's got a real nice set up complete with cnc equipment. He is a site sponsor and I would recommend anyone to check out his website and give him a call, especially if you're in the market for an overdrive tranny with a brake. He makes his own GM/Ford AOD hybrid with a brake that is absolutely killer from what i can see and have read. If these things live behind those crazy tubo Buicks, we should have no problem! Give this guy a chance, give him a call. He knows what he's talking about.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:28 AM
Launching!

I've had just the opposite experience with CK Performance. My local mechanic recommended his AOD tranny because he also heard nothing but great things about the tranny and about the shop. Well, it might be a great transmission, but who would ever know? I ordered the damn thing 9 weeks ago and it took them 6 weeks to get it sent to me, all the while, giving me excuse after excuse about why it hadnt been done when I was told it would only take 2 weeks. If it's gonna take 6 weeks, then tell me it's gonna be 6 weeks but DO NOT LIE TO ME! The worst part was when my mechanic would call and ask where it was and they would either never return his phone calls or else they would lie about when it had been sent. "Oh, it's been sent" when in reality it hadnt even been BUILT yet because they were waiting on the torque converter to arrive. And let's not forget either that when it DID get sent, the tracking number that was given showed the tranny as having been sent 3 days AFTER the shop told us it was sent. GRRRR! So the tranny finally shows up and guess what? The speedo cable is the wrong size. Anyone wanna take a guess how the customer service faired with replacing THIS part? That's right! It sucked yet again! Instead of making a new one and sending it out asap, it's now going on another 3 weeks and I'm still waiting. And the lying? It continues. I was informed that it was being overnighted 2 days after they were told it was the wrong part... and then another 2 days after that... and another 2 days after that... etc. Now, they finally admit that the part has STILL not been made because someone in their shop decided to get pissed off and break their cutter machine yesterday so they'll have to find some other way to make it.

I would sure hope that a sponsor that comes so highly recommended would run their business better than this. Like I said before, their product quality remains to be seen (and their tranny may be the best thing), but as for their helpfulness in satisfying the customer, severely lacking. Time to fire the PR guy and the shipping guy or whoever and start over. It's unfortunate that this has had to be one of the most unpleasant experiences I've had to go through in a long time. I'm not saying dont buy a tranny from them, but you better order it a year ahead of time so you can deal with the BS that comes along with it. I mean, c'mon, even I know that things dont always run as smooth as we'd like, but when it's excuse after excuse on top of the lies that I keep getting fed, at what point do you finally have to throw up the red flag and say this is crap?! I've been more than patient, but I guess when they've got your money already, there isnt any motivation in turning the product out for ya.

I hate having to resort to throwing up bad feedback about a sponsor on here, but I feel I've been jerked around waaaay too much and maybe it's time to send a little disappointment their direction. And if the sponsor wants to contact me to dispute this claim, I'd be glad to. Or better yet, if they would like to try to make a concession for the crap I've had to deal with, that'd be even better! Someone from CK should want to make things right, but we'll see. Realistically, I doubt I'll hear anything back from them until 2 days later... or maybe 2 days after that... or maybe 2 days after that...

NOT HAPPY!!! This is one customer who is with good reason!!!

Last edited by rotweiler-ws6; 06-02-2006 at 10:50 AM.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry to hear about all the trouble you had! I guess it's a good thing I dealt with him directly at his shop. It's sad to hear about the inconsistancy. I had nothing short of a great experience. I would've had my unit completed and installed in 2 days, but I wanted the converter cut open and gone through to make sure nothing was left to chance. Unfortunately, they don't do the converters at the shop, so I had to wait through the holiday weekend. So far, so good! I hope your tranny works how you want it to and holds up for ya! Good luck!
Old 06-03-2006, 07:35 AM
Banned

the purchaser was aware of of the fact that a custom order requires time to build test and ship.most of the conversions do not require this type of speedo drive as they use aftermarket set ups.the original order for stated no speedo drive.this was to allow us to use a special output shaft that has less holes drilled in it for added strength.after we were contacted about the speedo the cutter we use to perform the first process of boring the stock tail for the gm sensor broke and was sent out for sharpening.after sent out for sharpening we were informed we needed a new cutter.ordered the cutter and the cnc operator /programmer in a rush to get it out crashed the tool into the table and broke it again.these are human errors made by us and unfortunately have resulted in making someone unhappy.as such to the extent that he chose to publicly display his feelings.obviously we are frustrated as well and are doing everything we can to finish a tailshaft for the customer.in addition to this we are having problems with the last 2 weeks of shipments sent out via ups.the origin of this problem is we are on a driver training route and are constantly dealing with lost and unscanned shipments.based on the amount of hours we have each day to perform our jobs these things are restricting the amount of time we have to address other issues.we are sorry for any inconveniences this has caused anyone and as human beings are doing everything we can to stay on top.if this is unacceptable than you are not being reasonable.sincerely cristoforos kokkonis@ckperformance
Old 06-03-2006, 03:26 PM
Launching!

*Chosen to respond via PM*

Latest update from CK's boss - tailshaft will be done and overnighted by Monday. Will update on Tuesday...
Old 06-03-2006, 03:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by fast01
Sorry to hear about all the trouble you had! I guess it's a good thing I dealt with him directly at his shop. It's sad to hear about the inconsistancy. I had nothing short of a great experience. I would've had my unit completed and installed in 2 days, but I wanted the converter cut open and gone through to make sure nothing was left to chance. Unfortunately, they don't do the converters at the shop, so I had to wait through the holiday weekend. So far, so good! I hope your tranny works how you want it to and holds up for ya! Good luck!
Glad to know your tranny is working good for ya! I will hopefully let you know how it works. It's supposed to be sent by Monday so we'll see. And sorry about going off on a rant in the middle of your thread. That wasnt cool, but I was a tad upset.

Last edited by rotweiler-ws6; 06-03-2006 at 03:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone try CK Performance Racing Transmissions?